1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 40mm Trident , Maison Du Roi

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Oct 8, 2018.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Cheers Kev,
    These are the last 3 chaps as part of the whole unit, only left to do is the sergeant holding the line, 2 officers ( one standimg and the other mounted) and 3 drummers, after that the project will be at an end.
    Nap likes this.
  2. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Worked on modifying the obvious Brit features of the uniform with some mix of greenstuff and magic sculp, added the waist belts using lead foil.
    Primed the figures with Vallejo brush on primer in white... 20230319_223340.jpg 20230319_223416.jpg 20230319_223442.jpg
    Nap likes this.
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have layed the base colors for these Guards... 20230321_224409.jpg 20230321_224441.jpg
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Made progress on this Sergeant,
    Attached the arms and fixed his coat by closing it 2 buttons short of the waist belt, the figure is 80% done with the modifications... 20230321_224506.jpg 20230321_224545.jpg
    NigelR and Nap like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    That's very clever puttywork on the figure , nice start on the trio as well

Following with interest

Happy benchtime

Nap
    MarquisMini likes this.
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have finished the faces on these Troopers, added the silver lace to their hat brims , coat looos, shoulder belts and waistbelts.
    I have painted the cartridboxes using vallejo red leather mixed with formula P3 Murdeous Magenta, that gives me the exact look ( at least in my own eyes) of the Russian Red Leather used by these fancy French / Swiss Guards, painted the edges of the cartridge box in silver as described by French Guards regulations, all i need to do in order to finish that item is adding the silvered Royal Cypher

20230323_093026.jpg 20230323_093053.jpg
    KenBoyle, NigelR and Nap like this.
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I've made progress on the Sergeant, added the side belts for the sword, positoned the hands and shirt cuffs 20230323_095622.jpg

I used a lance from another figure, got rid of the tip and added the halberd tip from a Historex spare parts i had, to my surprise they work well together even thou this figure is 40mm.
    20230323_095808.jpg

Finally, primed the figure using Vallejo brush on primer white.
    Can't wait to lay some colors on tiis chap
    :)

20230323_093128.jpg
    NigelR, Nap and Don Johnson like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Nice updates , those faces look good , all slightly different imo ..not sure how you manage to do the eyes !

That Sgt is definately coming alive, nice putty work on the cuffs and the halberd works well with the Historex piece

Bring on the paints

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    MarquisMini likes this.
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I've made great progress on this sergeant , hat, face, hair, blues and reds are done, still need some work on the gaiters , shoes, sword and Halberd.. 20230325_184952.jpg 20230325_185021.jpg 20230325_185056.jpg
    KenBoyle, NigelR and Nap like this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Great progress indeed , nice facial work on the fellow

Will he have silver lace ? .....if so will you use metallics or have you another way in this scale ?

Thanks for sharing the updates

Happy benchtime

Nap
    MarquisMini likes this.
  11. HistorexRob Active Member

Albania
    Daniel, do you also cast these yourself?
    MarquisMini likes this.
  12. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Hi Kev,
    The Guards had silver lace, for the troopers i do a little bit whiter Silver lace since it was not as high quality lace fir Officers and NCOs.
    For Silver Lace i always use these 3 colors, Vallejo metal medium, vallejo silver grey ( off white basically) and Army painter chainmail silver.
    I use the drop of Metal medium which is a pearl white, perfect for lace sin when light reflects on lace it has some sort of pearly shine, then i add silver and add a little bit of silver grey to test the color.
    I do add a drop of Matt varnish which is really liquidy and a drip of water, that takes the "shimy metal" out of the equation.
    I use more silver and less silver grey when i do the Officer's lace. 20230326_185654.jpg 20230326_185721.jpg FB_IMG_1611800970614.jpg
    Waterlooman and Nap like this.
  13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hey Rob,
    No i don't, they are from Triguard Miniatures ( former Trident).
    I do like the idea of fee " special" figures when i build a diorama and with the bulk of the figures i try to paint each face with slightly different expression to move away from the coockie cutter Army.
    How is your project coming along?
  14. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    And finally done with this sergeant.
    Placed him on the battlefield and put him to work... 20230225_085458.jpg 20230326_185550.jpg 20230326_185614.jpg 20230326_185637.jpg
    Waterlooman and NigelR like this.
  15. HistorexRob Active Member

Albania
    I am carving away. :) Working on a few other projects at the same time while things cure/set.
    MarquisMini likes this.
  16. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Ok, looking forward to the progress pics !
  17. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I meant to post this pic earlier..so, late post ;-) 20230327_130420.jpg
    Waterlooman, Nap and Old Pete like this.
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Great updates figures as always really 'sing' .....cheers for the lace colours ...appreciate your time

Liking the late post as well....lol

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
    MarquisMini likes this.
  19. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I can only have admiration for someone who can repetitively paint armies of figures, warhammer or these wee metal beauties that you are working with, its a labour of love and they are coming together brilliantly.
    TERRY
    MarquisMini and Nap like this.
  20. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Hi Terry, thank you so much for your kind words!