1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 40mm Regiment de Touraine, Yorktown 1771

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, May 17, 2015.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I finished these two chaps today... 20171106_212719.jpg 20171106_212806.jpg 20171106_212824.jpg
    napoleonpeart, Borek and anstontyke like this.
  2. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    These chaps are almost done... 20171120_194107.jpg
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Daniel

Catching up ...again ( life's been hectic...so not too much PF time )

I really can't add more apart from this is a truely inspiring project tge SBS is packed with details and everywhere you look on the panels there are great painting and details all figures interaction is wonderful .....

And the whites .....WOW! ...enough said .....and then there are the facial features as well as the colours the regiments have .

LOVE IT !!!!

Happy painting

Nap

PS ..that 4th panel needs a bit more work ...lol ..........do wish you would do Napoleonic !
    MarquisMini and anstontyke like this.
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks for your kind words mate, and thank yku for your always participating on my threads.
    Best regards
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    And here are two figures i decided to convert.
    One is a continental artillery trooper i had left over from creating the French Artillery, the other chap is a French trooper iwas not going to use or need and decided to get rid of the coat and build up his undress uniform, the sleeved waiscoat garment worn by the Frenchies.
    I took a head from Front Rank i had left and cutted the original hat and sculpted the undress hat . 20171121_195002.jpg 20171121_235119.jpg 20171121_235131.jpg
  6. Huw63 A Fixture

A pleasure to follow as usual. Great stuff!

Cheers

Huw
    anstontyke and MarquisMini like this.
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thanks Huw!
    anstontyke likes this.
  8. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    On the way to magnificence. I'm very happy to watch your rapid progress and great work. Just keep going, buddy!

Cheers Borek
  9. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    A remarkable vignette Daniel. You have given us all a fine history lesson regarding the regiments you have re-created, and an interesting display of your approach and painting talents. Congratulations and many thanks for the journey so far.

Chris
  10. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thanks my friend :)
    anstontyke and Borek like this.
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thank you so much for your words Chris, it has been quite a journey and it is coming to an end pretty soon, unless i keep adding pieces to it lol.
    Best regards
    anstontyke likes this.
  12. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello folks,
    I have been working on 2 of the newest figures added to the AWI French, kneeling firing and kneeling at ready poses.
    These chaps look excelent and always a pleasure to have them on my workbench.
    20201201_184407.jpg 20201201_184349.jpg
    Don Johnson, Old Pete and Nap like this.
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Great poses on these fellows ....as always your painting of the whites really sings out skill

Good faces on them

....thought this diorama was finished !

Look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
  14. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Finished the coats, vest, pants and gaiters.
    3 different whites, unfortunately you can't really notice on the pictures but in person definitely makes a difference.
    Next will be the hats and face, fusils are done as well. 20201203_112606.jpg 20201203_112625.jpg
    Don Johnson, Old Pete and Nap like this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Very classy painting ...really shows your care when you look at the clothing seams

Look forward to more

Happy benchtime

Nap
    MarquisMini likes this.
  16. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thanks for your kind words Kev.
    Nap likes this.
  17. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    And now, this Regiment is oficially done.
    Finished these 2 chaps and they have joined the frey.
    20201204_231737.jpg 20201204_231806.jpg 20201204_231648.jpg 20201204_231725.jpg
    Nap likes this.
  18. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
  19. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Absolutely stunning diorama ...museum quality in every respects...a real joy to see , the last 2 fit in well and as with all the rest are so well painted and presented

You can almost hear the drums and musket fire and the ensigns struggling with those wonderful flags

Than you for sharing and updating

A pleasure to see

Inbetween BBQ action and if possible could you put a series of pictures in the completed forum

Look forward to next

Happy benchtime

Nap
    MarquisMini likes this.
  20. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thnks my friend, will do :)