1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 40MM Regiment de Gatinais , Yorktown 1781

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jun 5, 2013.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    DSC03897.JPG DSC03896.JPG DSC03898.JPG french-officer-lg.jpg Hello Planeteers, here's another batch of troopers that i am starting to work on.
    I have a bunch of troopers of the Soissonois regiment still waiting to be finished but as usual with me, i want to start painting another regiment of the ones that was present at Yorktown, this time is the Gatinais or Gatinois like some sources like to spell.
    the facings for this regiment are Violet or purple ( depends on who is describing the uniform) and the traditional white coat.
    I just started to prime and applyed the strong shade on the first batch of troopers, i took some pictures with the figures color/primed in skeleton bone and some troopers already wore dipped in the quickshade, that will give you an idea on how is the color and creases accentuated with that method.
    Cheers
    note: The troopers have a horizontal pockets, the new regs. for this regiment with white buttons specify vertical pockes, i decided to leave the horizontal pockets since it will be a lot of work to shave them and many regiments wore the old coat and adapted the facng colors and transferred the buttons, so it could be right having the horizontal pockets too.
    tiberius57, crf, marco55 and 2 others like this.
  2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    That Quickshade "dip" looks like a real blessing when batch painting. Makes huge projects like yours alot easier.

Following along

Colin
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    It does colin, what i like is that is the right shade IMHO for the warm "white" , that gives me plenty of room to make the cold white on the pants and vest very different from the coat.
    And is a faster method too.
    thanks for passing by my friend.
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have made a little bit of progress on these troppers.
    The lapels are virtually done, just need to paint the metal buttons and the white trim edging the lapels.
    I could say that i experimented with almost all of my violet/ purple paints , and i am truly happy with the color hue i came out with.
    Best regards.

DSC03899.JPG DSC03901.JPG DSC03900.JPG DSC03902.JPG DSC03903.JPG