1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 40mm Bulletproof Miniatures: Regiment Lally, 1758, India

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jun 25, 2019.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have finished the reds and greens on these fusiliers, painted the sholder belts and waistbelts as well. 20190630_220721.jpg 20190630_220739.jpg
    Don Johnson and Nap like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

They are looking the part ...the faces look very determined and they are not even painted yeti!!

Be good to see the officer next to see the uniform comparison

Following with coffee and cookies

Nap
    MarquisMini likes this.
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have layed the base color of the hats usin scale 75 graphite grey and dab of vallejo German grey.
    As for the false "gold" lace for troopers i 've used a mix of vallejo brass and scale 75 yellow insignia, the scale 75 matt paint helped to bring that brightness of the brass down.
    I based paint the faces using citadell tallarn flesh and a dab of vallejo cavalry brown.
    20190701_114446.jpg 20190701_114509.jpg 20190701_115853.jpg 20190701_115916.jpg
    Viking Bob and Nap like this.
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I hve painted the cartridge box in natural leather, then washed few times with a mix of Carrobourg crimson and red ink wash from Army painter to give the look of the "Russian redeather "commonly used by the fancy Frenchies at the time. 20190701_114533.jpg 20190701_115933.jpg
    Nap likes this.
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I've made some progress on these chaps.
    20190711_214354.jpg 20190711_214416.jpg 20190711_214439.jpg
    Nap, Don Johnson, billyturnip and 2 others like this.
  6. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great work Daniel,
    How do you think that these figures would appear in 54 mm as far as quality? Many thanks and keep it up.
    MarquisMini likes this.
  7. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Yes what was the quality? Are they durable or very brittle? They look good but can't really tell the quality in pics.
    Mark
    MarquisMini likes this.
  8. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I think they will look amazing to say the least!
    Jaybo likes this.
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    They are good, two things, the swords and muskeks are the right size, problem is they are too thin and break easily, so, you must be careful.
    The other thing is that some areas have some left over spruce, easy to get rid of, but need to be careful when you cut it.
    marco55 likes this.
  10. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Working on another 4 troopers... 20190713_141201.jpg 20190713_141244.jpg
    Don Johnson and billyturnip like this.
  11. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for letting me know.I hate it when figures weapons aren't the right scale to go with the figures.
    Mark
    MarquisMini likes this.
  12. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Yeah, i hear you, these are correct, like i mention before, manufacturers made weapons slightly larger or thicker cuase otherwise they will break
  13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Almost done with the first batch of Irishmen. 20190718_215842.jpg 20190718_233440.jpg 20190718_233500.jpg
  14. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    MarquisMini likes this.
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Andrew :)
  16. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Catching up ..bit busy packing ready to move .....5 miles in 2 weeks !! ...surrounded by boxes ..lol

These fellas are really coming along rather nicely , like the way the red Lester has been done

Be good if there were more busts from this period as well !!

Thanks for sharing as always following right with you

Happy benchtime

Nap
  17. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Daniel, excellent painting. These figures are nicely detailed and you have a nice little diorama going on.