1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 40mm Bulletproof Miniatures: Regiment Lally, 1758, India

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jun 25, 2019.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello folks,
    I have just got delivered these beautiful detailed miniatures from Bulletproof from Germany.
    The figures are packed with lots of details, the figures are on the smaller size of 40mm, not really the bulkier or beefier figures that are on the market and proportions are good .
    I decided to paint these chaps in the Irish Regiment in french service, Lally.
    The figures are in the typical French uniform, originally the Compagnies Franches de la Marine, all i have to do is getting rid of the anchor on the cartridge box.
    I have "washed" the figures on soapy water, let it dried out and primed with self etching primer, the figures comes in a nice dark green resin.
    Cheers! c52edad9f6583c38d914dee94a1c154d.jpg 20190625_222929.jpg 20190625_203600.jpg 20190625_222854.jpg
  2. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have layed the base color of the coat using Citadel Mephiston Red... 20190625_204123.jpg 20190625_215348.jpg
  3. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Interesting figs and, as you say, well proportioned. It will be good to see how the paintjob progresses (I have a stash of 28mm Victrix and Perry 28mm sprues which I must get around to one day... this may spur me).

Seems they're available in 1/72, 28mm and 54mm (doesn't mention 40mm?)... or any other size by request (large orders I assume).

No website, but a Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/BulletproofSmallScaleMiniatures/posts/?ref=page_internal

Heck of a casting web (see below: you must have a warped mind to work this out): and see the big boy (yer man himself?) in the corner of the other pic.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bulletproo...8914419237483/639948126467445/?type=3&theater

BPM-1b.JPG BPM-2b.JPG
  4. BulletProof New Member

Germany
    Hi Neil, we can make them in scales from 1/72 up to 75mm...but regular production line is 1/72 scale...all other scales on request only. Yours Oliver
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Great regiment to choose , nice looking figures as well

Good to see that Bulletproof can go up to 75mm as well ..perhaps they might shw sone of tge larger scales as well in another thread

Following your brushes on these

Nap
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have layed the base color for the red coats and washed a couple times with Army painter Red wash.
    I layed the base color for the vest and cuffs usimg Citadel castellan green.
    As for the officer green, added highlights usin the base color and adding citadel death guard green.
    Added the gold trim typical of regimental officer at the time on the vest. 20190626_091641.jpg 20190626_091653.jpg
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Officer almost finished.. 20190627_090059.jpg 20190627_090044.jpg
    marco55, Viking Bob, KenBoyle and 3 others like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

As always your reds are looking great can you put the colours you use here again for others please

Interesting on the green ......in some illustrations it's a lot brighter or will you highlight further ?

As always following

Happy benchtime

Nap
    MarquisMini likes this.
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hi my friend,
    Reds: Base color " MEPHISTON RED" citadel
    Washed twice with Army painter Red ink wash
    First light, Evil Sunz scarlet citadel Air ( can be used with brush, i do use it straight from the bottle)
    Last ligjjt, vallejo scarlet, i do 1:1 ratio ( paint: water)

As for the green, i've used castellan green base , Citadel
    Washed with Army painter green ink wash, twice
    Added death guard green , citadel to the castellan green for lights.
    Here is a couple pictures, for some reason the Osprey illustration shows a very light green hue, but it is actually darker than that.
    download.jpeg-2.jpg 9c0dd6e4c5bdaa3f69934c9354f32e07.jpg
    Viking Bob and Nap like this.
  10. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Is this a case where you could do the officer's coat in a different red to the O/Rs to reflect the likely better quality material and dyes?
    MarquisMini likes this.
  11. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice work Daniel, nice detail on the figures but too small for me. following with interest.
    MarquisMini likes this.
  12. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Absolutely!
  13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks my friend :)
  14. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Cheers for the information on the mixes and the facings ....that was one of the Osprey I was looking at

Look forward to more from the Irish

Nap
    MarquisMini likes this.
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    You sure will my friend!
    Viking Bob likes this.
  16. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Officer almost done, some details steel need to be taken care of.
    Gave an overall wash of red ink wash from Army painter, then accentuated the red coat with scale 75 inktense red, then sealed with Matt varnish, that gave the coat a more "finer" look expected for an officer .
    I decided to change the green base color and give it a more "Irish' green, i was not happy with the other base color, it was too dar olive and not accurate.
    I did add 1/4 of a bottle dropper of forest green from Scale 75 and few droos from medium green from vallejo imside the citadel paint pot and came up with a green i like for base color. 20190629_165833.jpg 20190629_165930.jpg 20190629_170618.jpg 20190629_170553.jpg
    Don Johnson, Jaybo, Nap and 1 other person like this.
  17. Reality in Miniature Member

United-States
    I know nothing about the products from Bulletproof. But to my eye these figures look like they could be 3D printed judging by the complex supports. Also the fact they are offered in a variety of scales. Anyone know how they are manufactured?

Tom
  18. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    They are 3D.
    Mark
  19. Reality in Miniature Member

United-States
    Any idea what machine was used? Nice detail. Imperceptible layers.

Tom
  20. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have no idea, but i am sure the owner ( bulletproof) will answer your question as he is participating on this thread

Cheers