1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 3rd spahis 1/35 conversion,

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kinggeorges, Dec 29, 2022.

1. kinggeorges Active Member

France
    Some WIP of a conversion based on the alpine 1/35 summer dress us tanker. The idea is to represent a French expeditionary force soldier in Italy, belonging to the 3rd spahis. I first scraped the unwanted parts (pistol holster, binocular case), and then sculpt the medals and various French uniform spécificities. I always wanted to depict that colourful uniform once I saw that militaria magasine edition dedicated to the CEF. I haven't been counting the hours on this one until now.... Hope you'll enjoy the pics. Keeping on keeping.
    Julien

IMG_6404.JPG IMG_6405.JPG IMG_6406.JPG IMG_6407.JPG IMG_6408.JPG IMG_6409.JPG IMG_6410.JPG IMG_6411.JPG IMG_6414.JPG IMG_6413.JPG IMG_6412.JPG
    Scotty, T50, Bookman and 18 others like this.
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  3. Merryweather A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wow again!
    kinggeorges likes this.
  4. Ferris A Fixture

Some really precise paintwork here! Impressive.

Adrian
    kinggeorges likes this.
  5. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thats looking very very nice
    kinggeorges likes this.
  6. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice. Seeing others work in 1/35 always makes me look at my shelf of unfinished 1/35 projects, all waiting me to learn to paint figures properly in that scale.
    kinggeorges likes this.
  7. kinggeorges Active Member

France
    Hi guys.
    Thanks for your kind words, keep me motivated!
    Henk, I think I had the idea to paint this spahi 8 to 10 years ago. There was a figure released as a gift figure with steel master subscription, sculpted by Mister Camillotte, but I didn't like the look of it. It stayed a distant idea until Alpine released that US tanker that could fit the bill for the conversion.
    No matter how many years it takes as long as you have fun doing it.
    Julien
    Scotty, Nap and Henk like this.
  8. Robert Jan de Wit PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Great work!
    I always like these kind of conversions.
    kinggeorges likes this.
  9. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent work
    kinggeorges likes this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Julien

Happy New Year to you and all French modellers

That's a great conversion , colourful and well modelled , like the rddons and medals , especially in this scale , impressive work

Following with interest

I have lots of these wonderful magazines including # 192 so will be looking at that ...and others !

Happy benchtime

Nap
    kinggeorges likes this.
  11. kinggeorges Active Member

France
    Thanks à lot Nap. Happy new year to you too !
    Nap likes this.