1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 38th Foot, Inkerman, 1854

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by valiant, Oct 29, 2011.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,
    here is my latest WIP - a British infantryman, 38th foot, Inkerman, 1854 - much work to do yet, he now has a crossbelt added, but sculpting is slow due to a broken finger!
    hope you like it so far!
    Steve(y)

Attached Files:

pipetrepid, Tommi and mil-mart like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve, a great start and neat work on the braiding. Hope the digit gets better soon.(y)

Cheers Ken
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Ken,
    thought id pick a local regiment, not realising that it had bastion lace! its been a swine, but hopefully will add a nice detail, when painted up - the finger is slowing me down a lot!
    will post more when ive progressed a bit more,
    cheers
    Steve(y)
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Steve,

Nice work mate , look forward to seeing the badge on the shako ...bastion ..never did make it easy for yourself but its come out really well.

I would have preferred personally to have colour Sgts rank but thats just me as IMO it would add more interest to the piece ..go on you know you want to !!!:D

Are you using MAA as a reference ?

Keep posting updates(y)

Nap
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great sculptwork.
    Like what you have done so far.
    Marc
  6. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    steve, looks nice, good subject!
  7. Imperialsoldiers New Member

United-States
    amazing work for a briken finger!
    cheers-
  8. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,
    here are the latest pics of my 38th Foot bust - sorry about the grainy image, my camera seems to prefer sunny days outside! the shako fits better than it looks - blame the bluetack! still much to do, hope you like it so far!
    cheers
    Steve(y):cautious:

Attached Files:

9. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve, coming along nicely, very neat and precise work and a great job on the badge . Following. (y)

Cheers Ken