1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

30mm GW figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by RobH, Apr 22, 2004.

1. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Folks

He's taken longer than expected, but here's a WIP of a Games Workshop figure I'm painting in acrylics.

As always with these, lots of fun as there are no rules (well, there are really)

[IMG]

feel free to comment!

:lol:

Rob
  2. Grizzly Member

Hey Rob,

Haven't seen that figure,which one is it? I got an ork warboss on the bench,GW are fun,nice change of pace for me every once in awhile from the historical subjects i like to do. 24th is Games Day LA 2004 will try to get some good shots of the model competion if you guys are interested.

Thomas
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good Rob...........reminds me of my wargame figure days. But now is too too small......I have a hard enough time doing 54's

Thomas........would love to see some pics of their show
  4. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys

Thomas, he was released in the UK a couple of weeks ago. Part of the Witchhunter Codex, from the witchunter henchmen blister.
    And yes, some pics from the LA Gamesday would be great to see.

Rob
  5. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Looks really good Rob! Can't believe it's only 30mm :S
  6. Grizzly Member

Ah ok the new witch hunters,havent seen any of that stuff yet,looks good though.
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    This really cool. I wish I could do 25 or 30 mm. I have all but given up on 1/35th and 54 mm at this point...

Keith
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Rob,
    looking good, my friend.
    Keep up the good work.

Roc.
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Rob!

Nice progress buddy! These little guys are so much fin to do! I just bought one today that I will start painting here in a little bit :) Wohoooo! Looking forward to see your progress!
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Rob,

Nice work on this little fellow. I like the way you have handled the skintones but I really like the gray and the red.

Joe
  11. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks again folks for the comments!

No pic yet but more progress today.

With these things I can't seem to let go of my military modelling roots. Still try more for subtlety and realism than for style and impact! Despite there being no rule for realism on these things, but still end up thinking about who they are supposed to be, where they are, etc.

And again I spend so much time analysing the thing!

I think hedgerows will grow on completion of this fella....

:lol:

Rob
  12. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    BTW Anders.......

what did you buy? Look forward to seeing what you do
  13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Rob!

I got a WH40K fig, namely a World Eaters Aspiring Champion! Hows that for a mouth ful lol :) As for a world eater, he can eat the world weaing his black and pink armor! Just assembled him and put him on a base, will prome in a couple of min!
  14. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Further progress on this little dude:

[IMG]

Still work to do.......and a lot of fun

Rob
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    The lil "Dude" looks neat Rob.......brings back alot of memories of when I used to paint D&D
  16. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Wow, looks really great, Rob.

Really neat painting there, good work.
  17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    VERY NICE,Rob (y) (y) ! I especially like the flames in the brazier that he's carrying. "Death to all Chaos worshippers ! The Emperor protects !" Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol: