1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 3 PARA Mount longdon by Maurice Corry

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Chris K, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Dear All Please Ignore the postage stamp Photos larger ones canbe found later in the thread cheeers - Chris This great figure is nearly finished,

And I think I am the first to post a version of him!!! so I hope I have done him justice ! , he was a beast to carry back from russia after my last mission !! stone on groundwork is real granite !!

It was a great sculpt , easy to assemble and I painted him to represent a young member of 3 para the morning after the battle to Take Mount Longdon - I agonised about the camo cream on his face but speaking from experience no Infantryman would go into a night assault without it - and from Jimmys photos (thanks Jimmy) it appeared that all of the lads from 3 para took thier battle prep very seriously - This in my way is a tribute to the men of 3 para who took that mountain, and to those that never came home - It is also a tribute to all past and serving Brit soldiers.

Thank you Moz for releasing such a great figure , and sincere thanks to Jimmy for his personal photos and advice, I made some minor conversions eg whopping base representing the conditions in the falklands , a first feild dressing on his left hand webbing yoke strap and the scarf , as well as scrub on his helmet netting - I hope I captured the look and the spirit of a young para after this hard fought battle

My Pics arent the best but I hope you get the idea(y) Dear Moz i Dont know if you will see this thread or not but I have sent you a PM re making an order from you, could you please give it some thought and get back to me - Thanks

Best RGDS to all

Chris K

Attached Files:

Steve, DaveCox and sd0324 like this.
  2. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Dear All sorry about the small pics on my posts - new camera new software - will try and make them larger ASAP
  3. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to seeing them.
  4. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Better Pics (y)

Attached Files:

TonyT and blabsy like this.
  5. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent, I fell for your first trap Chris, I was clicking furiously on the first pictures and wondering why they never got any bigger :confused:

Love the way it has come out and the old field dressing was pretty standard taped to the webbing too........... nice one :)
  6. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Tony - If any one else reads this begger pics can be found later in the thread .

was great fun to do this one(y)
  7. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    larger pics now in thread