1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

#3 in the Civil War dio

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, May 15, 2009.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is the # 3 guy. I have still have to add the buttons and a few little things but for the most part he is done. I would like to give a HUGE shout out to Paul Clark of Shenandoah Miniatures. Paul was extremely nice and worked really well with me for some parts to use for this dio. If you are thinking of doing any Civil War figures or just want a few good one to paint up, drop Paul a line. I know that I will be doing it again in the very near future.
    I am an arm away from finishing # 4 and the upper body of # 5 so hopefully I will get them done soon. Thanks for looking.

BTW The figure is not leaning over, it is just the no level base I have him on now.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Joe you really need to think about sculting some CW figures commercially, the ones you've done for this dio are just what fellow CW enthuiasts need
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Joe,
    First i cannot sculpt, so anything you do on this is better then i can do. But i have some remarks.
    The left upperleg seems to be out of proportion specially when you see the picture that is taken from the left.
    there is a "great" difference between his left and right leg also on the front and back.
    It is possible that it's the angle of the picture.

Marc
  4. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    My good buddy this is starting to seriously ROCK :D Welldone my friend!!!

Ray ;)
  5. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Matt,

Thanks. Maybe one day there will be a need.;o

Ray,

Thanks my friend. I hope that you will like the next 2. I think they are better than the first 3.

Mark,

Thanks for the comments. I think it might be the angle of the picture. I will take a closer look at it and see.

Joe
  6. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Joe,
    glad to see you post the results of the workbench time, they look great

(I had a mental flash of your avatar being what you do on certain nights of the week;):D)

I have grabbed some of these images for my reference folder, as I like the pose, how the weapons are held, drapery, that kind of thing.

Thanks for sharing

cheers
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Joe, That's a neat use for a spare pair of arms. Maybe it's me but the back and shoulders look very broad (wide) looking at the rear phoro of him. ~Gary
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Looking good buddy. Very good indeed

Stephen Mallia
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Good to see another figure nearly finished,looking forward to seeing them all complete.

Cheers David
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words.

Jamie,

I feel like it sometimes!

Gary,

It looks funny in the picture but I have gone back and reworked the shoulder/back area. I think the problem was the extra puty for some folds that I had added. Thanks for the extra eyes.