1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

2nd Wisconsin volunteer Infantry

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by garyjd, Mar 2, 2006.

1. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looks great gary. I thought you were posing him with a rifle, but from the pic, it kinda looks like he's about to karate chop somebody, are you planning this one to be in a hand to hand situation or isi it just my lack of sleep.
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Matt, Go back to bed for about 10 more minutes.lol

He will have an Austrian Lorenz rifle with the right hand being attached to the end of the stock.~Gary
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    :lol: :lol: I thought you had sculpted a Lorenz for this guy.
  4. David S. New Member

Czech-Republic
    Gary,
    First of all thanks for all your efforts by sharing your superb work with all of us. Since 19th century period figures are favorite of mine as well, I’m closely watching all your projects. Being from Central Europe, from Czech Republic, I’m greatly interested of war 1866 between Austria and Prussia (Prussia after success in this war rushed to France four years after – 1870/71). Although war of 1866 last only 6 weeks plenty of bloody battles happened during that time – one of them Battle of Koenigsgratz (Hradec Kralove) 3.7.1866 is understood as European second biggest battle of 19th cent. (just after Napoleonic battle of Lipstadt) with almost half a million soldiers of both sides fighting that day.

Well your comments of finishing Lorenz rifle (percussion rifle m. 1854 - system Lorenz) for your union soldier certainly got my attention. Since I’m doing my own figures mainly Austrian jeagers and infantry with slightly shortened version of DML rifle from older set of union soldier, my question will be where you going to get your own version of Lorenz. Are you going to sculpt it fully your self or you looking for some scratch?

Thanks
    David
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    David, Thank you for the kind words. I built an Austrian Lorenz that is available through Michael Roberts Ltd (USA).
  6. David S. New Member

Czech-Republic
    Thanks for tip Gary, I'll take a lok there...
    ...any chance you saved some pictures from the time when you've made masters? it could be useful quide for my own trial...
    cheers
    David
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
  8. David S. New Member

Czech-Republic
    Thanks for help Gary...
    David
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    A little update of sorts. I have the right end of the blanket roll to make and the canteen. The hands and buttons on the frock along with some stuff on the gaiters are all that remains...and a bayonet.

Attached Files:

10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    One more. I had a few pics of the full figure but I did'nt like them. I'll have more the next time.

Attached Files: