1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

2nd Rangers, Pointe du Hoc 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jcichon, Oct 5, 2009.

1. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    This is a DES Miniatures 120mm resin figure which I will say was sculpted superbly and a great casting. Very little sanding or filling to even speak of. I would recommend this DES figure and it was a pleasure to lay paint on. The kit comes with an alternate head, hand and helmet but I went with the box art assembly. It is painted in oils over acrylics, just cant seem to get the knack of painting with acrylics! I kind of questioned the pants color in going with the standard M1937 trousers which were a bit lighter. But I will live with it. Any and all comments and criticisms are welcomed. Thanks for looking.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. jcichon Active Member

United-States
  3. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    ok, for some reason my pics are not posting:(
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    How are you adding the pics ? by attachment or by adding a URL to an external site ?
  5. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    OK, hopefully this worked!!
    QUOTE=jcichon;326164]This is a DES Miniatures 120mm resin figure which I will say was sculpted superbly and a great casting. Very little sanding or filling to even speak of. I would recommend this DES figure and it was a pleasure to lay paint on. The kit comes with an alternate head, hand and helmet but I went with the box art assembly. It is painted in oils over acrylics, just cant seem to get the knack of painting with acrylics! I kind of questioned the pants color in going with the standard M1937 trousers which were a bit lighter. But I will live with it. Any and all comments and criticisms are welcomed. Thanks for looking.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good work Jason - any issues with working with oils on acrylics ?
    Glad you go the picture posting resolved :)
  7. theseeker Member

United-States
    Jason,
    Great painting, the jacket is outstanding!
    Rocky
  8. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Gordy,
    I never really have any problems with oils over acrylics. I try to make sure that my acrylic coat will be lighter than my oil basecoat this way if my oils are a touch translucent the acrylic undercoat will help with making the highlights pop. The only time I dont do this is with green. I try to make sure my green acrylic undercoat is as close to my green oil coat as possible. In this way when I highlight with a naples yellow for a highlight it tends to make the highlight really blend in a lot better with the greens for some reason.