1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

2nd Ranger

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Long, Mar 6, 2006.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    A total strip and repaint of an old Ara figure. I haven't decided how to base the figure yet. There are still some details to add. Wish that my photography was better. This is a very nicely sculpted figure except for the head. The head is nicely sculpted, but the face looks like the guy has a toothache or a major chaw in. I replaced with a Hornet head.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work John. Is he going to be part of a scene?
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,
    great stuff! Very nicely done. I like the dirt on his knees! Show us more pics when you get him added to one of your typical awesome groundworks!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, I really like that. The color of the field jacket and webgear looks dead on. (y)~Gary
  5. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. I really need to work on my photography skills. I think I'll take some more pics soon under better conditions.

I'll probably have in an outdoor scene, haven't decided just what that will entail though. Regarding the webgear. I tried very hard to keep the tones all close without the whole thing looking too homogenous. It really is a cool figure, I think it may be one of my top three paintjobs.
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John,

That is a really cool figure and I agree one of your better paint jobs, always helps when it is something you have a passion for. :)

Joe
  7. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    Looks great John, is that 1/35 scale?