1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

2nd Ranger Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Feb 1, 2009.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hello folks,
    Just posting some pictures of this bust that I painted. It is from United Empire Miniatures and is approx 1/6th scale. Although there are some resemblences to Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan, I didn't paint him to be. The changes I made to him are that I replaced the helmet buckles with scratchbuilt metal ones and did the rough texture on the helmet. This was done by stippling thick oil paint onto it with a rough brush and letting it dry for about two weeks.
    The whole kit is painted in oils with hand painted insignia. The Ranger lettering were painted in oils, leaving it thick to represent stitched lettering.
    Hope you enjoy the pics,
    Ben

Attached Files:

2. busso_boy New Member

Australia
    love it Ben, hope to see it at Wasmex later this year
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very good painted bust.

Marc
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Ben
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Another cracker Ben. Lovely flesh tones and very realistic painting of the unit markings on the helmet and the cloth badge.
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks , Ian, Marc, Guy and Tony. Ian, does this mean that you are coming to the west side if Aussie for Wasmex and not to that other show!!!!!!! HeHe
    Ben
  7. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent painting Ben, very nice skin tones and textures on the clothing and helmet.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done Ben! Love the texture on the helmet, and the weathered markings on it. Nice work!

Jay H.
    OKc
  9. theseeker Member

United-States
    Ben,
    Great painting and thanks for sharing your techniques!
    Rocky
  10. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    nice job, looks really good
  11. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers for your comments Rob, Tommi , Jay and Rocky, its great to have your compliments.
    Ben