1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

2nd Dutch Guard Lancers (Red Lancers)

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Konstantin S., Jun 26, 2013.

1. Konstantin S. Well-Known Member

Turkey
    Hi pF!
    Latest FIRST LEGION release in "Napoleon's Europe" range.
    http://www.firstlegionltd.com/2nddutchguardlancers.aspx
    9 mounted figures.

First Legion presents you with the 2nd Lancers of the Imperial Guard, the legendary Red Lancers! Raised in 1810 originally of Dutchmen after the French annexation of Holland, the regiment served with distinction during all campaigns between 1812 and 1815. As the regiment was destroyed in 1812 during the Russian Campaign, the replacements were primarily Frenchmen and being one of the few original Dutch by 1815 was a source of great pride. With their striking red uniforms, their fearsome lances, and superb Colonel Edouard Colbert, the Red Lancers of the Guard served with great distinction in Russia, Saxony, the low countries, and the 100 days. We have presented them here in charging and fighting poses with nine total figures. For those of you fortunate enough to have our previous NAP0167 Colbert figure, he is a perfect match for these wonderful new figures. We sincerely hope you enjoy them!
    regards

Attached Files:

2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I whas shocked when I see the price. But it is for the handpainted figure.
    Looking very good, but some looks like a copy of Poste Militaire (image 4413)

Marc
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I am a figure collector as well as painter, however I only buy what I can see so ordering something in advance and then hoping that it will be a good job of painting is not for me.

Keith
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Beautifully done but those prices are a bit ... no.. I think fair

just make a comparison actual price for the famous Phoenix Lancer is actualy 28,50£ unpainted ( circa 43$ ) + commision for painting .... yes 159$ seems fair
    just check the price of unpainted horse soldier in other brand .. at least 50€ ( 65$)

could buy : YES / Don't know / NO ( I like to paint my models )
  5. Krest063 Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Очень красивые и динамичные миниатюры!Радует большой выбор поз лошадей и всадников .Константин,желаю успехов!
  6. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    as said the poet :
    Boko si haramu haramu ndo mondo
    Anaekaa Rufiji au Songosonso au Chore nyuma ya Jibondo
    Yeye kamtwalaje mwana wa nduguye kumroza ndongo
    Shwaini mshenzi mlongo
    J.A.Hidalgo likes this.
  7. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm also a high-end figure collector as well as a painter. I can honestly say that I've never, not once, been disappointed with First Legion's Napoleonic figurines - if anything, I'm often amazed that they can sell such high quality at these relatively reasonable prices. No, they're not perfect, but in my opinion the quality of their figures soar way above other mass produced pre-assembled and painted "toy soldiers" offered for sale by what is generally regarded as the mainstream purveyor of "toy soldiers" manufactured in China.....err, albeit that this is just my personal take on things....
    :shy:
    All you have to do is take a look at the prices being charged by the St Petersburg Studio's - most of which are exquisite - but need to be studied under a microscope to fully appreciate the detail. That tells me that I'm getting an incredible price to quality ratio when I buy First Legion figures - especially as I don't feel some strange compulsion to go out and buy a microscope in any case.

I ordered all nine of the Red Lancers yesterday.

Cheers
    H
    Konstantin S. likes this.
  8. Konstantin S. Well-Known Member

Turkey
    Thanks all for your feedbacks and opinions.
    Off course each has right for own opinion about prices, quality and other things.
    Yes, First Legion produced so called "toy soldiers". But honestly they are not usual/typical "toy soldiers".

harrytheheid, thanks for your response and some explanations. :)
    Krest063 likes this.
  9. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I absolutely 100% agree that every consumer has the right to have an opinion concerning prices, quality and other things Constantine.
    So that's what I was doing; expressing my own personal opinion.
    And also in my opinion, it's not typical "toy soldiers" that First Legion manufacture, because I don't typically buy typical "toy soldiers" anyway.
    I'm just happy that my Missus typically doesn't put up too much of a howl whenever my monthly FL "fix" turns up on her doorstep....
    :nailbiting:....:blackeye:
    ....(and I happen to be aware that typical mounted Napoleonic figurines are her favourites....in her opinion).
    :happy:....:joyful:
    Cheers
    H
    Krest063 and Konstantin S. like this.
  10. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    When did you come back on the scene Harry H:happy:
  11. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    You don't post for 13 days and look what happens........memory is so fickle :happy:
  12. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :joyful:
    Have been kept incredibly busy in my "real life" - while constantly adding to my mountain of unpainted kit figures, (the new Alexandros 75mm Courtesan Koi being only one of the several new kits presently winging their way to Heid HQ in NE.China).
    Did 8 weeks "on the job" so to speak, then only had 6 days off before travelling back to it again.
    This particular assignment I'm on right now is also shaping up to be an 8-weeker as well. But it's fun - and besides, I have to pay for those 9 x Red Lancers somehow or other....

Here's examples of my staff, okay - "henchmen" to be more precise....
    1. My Trusty Henchmen_b.jpg

And the wee executive type taxi that commutes to/from the Big City....
    2. Taxi.jpg

And, of course, I make myself useful while filling in a day waiting for the flight to freedom, (okay, the flight to Paris), in the evening....
    3. Your Faithful Correspondent.jpg

And finally, here's a snap of "a major contribution to personal hygiene up the jungle" that I wouldn't dream of using.
    Still intrigued as to why they thought locating a tea/coffee point right next to it was a "good idea" though....
    :woot:
    4. Jungle Cludgie.jpg

Okay, my apologies to Konstantin for hijacking his thread.
    Cheers
    H
  13. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    the " hygiene" place is called "Wee-Wee hours" perhaps ?