2dreamers April offer: 20% discount

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by 2dreamers, Apr 9, 2020.

1. 2dreamers Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Dear Friends,
    because all miniature events and shows are canceled and postponed to year 2021 (and because the Easter of course), we offer you all our miniatures (busts and figures) with 20% discount (already from 1 piece). You will see your discount in "Shopping Cart". Valid from 09. Apr. 2020 till 30. Apr. 2020.
    www.2dreamers.cz/en
    [IMG]
  2. Ned Ricks Active Member

United-States
    Unsolicited comment -- I have done several of the busts offered by 2Dreamers and have been very satisfied with each of them. The casting is excellent and minor, if any, clean up of seams, etc. Their Gandhi bust included exquisitely done brass photo etch spectacle frames. "Fusion" acrylic glue made lenses.
  3. 2dreamers Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Thank you Ned for your compliment.
    Petr
  4. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    Hi Petr!

Received today (yes, it took about a month, but it finally arrived today) the beautiful Gandhi Bust!

So far only had a rapid look at the content of the box, but everything seems fine, and of great quality!

Thank you!

Keep safe!

Cheers!
  5. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    "Their Gandhi bust included exquisitely done brass photo etch spectacle frames. "Fusion" acrylic glue made lenses."

A very nice touch indeed!

Btw, what's ""fusion" acrylic glue"? :confused:

Thanks!

Cheers!
  6. Ned Ricks Active Member

United-States
    Hi, Dolf -

Fusion is technically "Aleene's Liquid Fusion Clear Urethane Adhesive" here in the US market. Before the big shut down, I bought some at craft stores in the fabric or adhesives area. My understanding is that it was intended to bind felt and similar fabrics, but I am not sure of that. Also available from Amazon ( www.amazon.com/Aleenes-Liquid-Urethane-Adhesive-4-Ounce/dp/B00KD6YW46/ref=pd_nav_hcs_rp_1/144-4270690-8816203?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00KD6YW46&pd_rd_r=d21b13ce-047a-487c-9792-c111912aa41d&pd_rd_w=39zl7&pd_rd_wg=ZRtCd&pf_rd_p=7998b95e-c8d5-47bb-ab93-0e7911bf5162&pf_rd_r=6ZWW880YHVRQ1CRH3CVG&psc=1&refRID=6ZWW880YHVRQ1CRH3CVG)

Airplane modelers in my IPMS chapter use it for portholes, landing lights and small scale cockpit windows. It is nicely viscus and clings to itself and the edges of openings (like scale spectacle frames) . To apply, I decant some onto a disposable pallet, such as wax paper, then using a toothpick (cocktail stick?) I gather a bit of the glue and start around the edges of the opening to gradually fill in.

Hope it works for you.
    Ned

Gandhi March 2020 03.jpg
    Dolf likes this.
  7. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    "Fusion is technically "Aleene's Liquid Fusion Clear Urethane Adhesive" here in the US market."

Thank you very much, Ned!

"Also available from Amazon"

I'll try to find that same product on some Amazon in Europe, and if available from this side of the pond will try to order some.

Looking at my tools and accessories available on my bench I found one that I've already used before, which the main purpose is to clean up transparent parts (as canopies on aircraft kits, etc) but which can also be used (in small surfaces) for the same effect as the "Fusion Acrylic glue" you mention. I've used it in the past for that effect, and then it worked.
    But I don't know if it will work for Gandhi's eyeglass lenses (they are larger than the parts where I used this product before).

Btw, the product in question is the Gauzy Glass Coat Agent: https://www.amazon.com/Gauzy-Agent-Bottle-AK-Interactive/dp/B01GENKXSA

Btw, nice Gandhi rendition you have in there! (y)

Again many thanks!

Cheers!