1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Completed Critique 29 line 1770 still have much to do.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by hall-moye@msn.com, May 19, 2012.

1. hall-moye@msn.com Active Member

United-States
  2. -=König=- Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Hi Chris.
    Very good job!
  3. hall-moye@msn.com Active Member

United-States
    Thank you very much Peter.
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    chris , very nice job!
    I like the pose of the figure and i think you really capture the character of the figure.
    what colors sis you use for the base on the coat?
  5. hall-moye@msn.com Active Member

United-States
    Hey Dan,
    thanks very much! I use Jo Sonja acrylics as a base for oils. For that particular red I used Napthol Crimson. For the oils I used Cad red medium mixed with Alizarin Crimson for the base. For shadow I tried a number of colors ;Ivory Black,Capute Mortem, Mars Black, Raw Umber,Burnt Sienna, and Viridian. I finally settled on Mars Black .
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    It looks really nice.
    I believe the British "Red" coat is more like a scarlet-red but your crimson looks amazing,i may consider using your mix for a French regiment i am working on that happens to have crimson facings.
    Great painting on this fig ,the expression you captured is awesome.
    Cheers (y)
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Chris,
    Very vibrant and I like the colours.
    Cheers
    John