1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

29 line 1770 still have much to do.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by hall-moye@msn.com, Apr 17, 2012.

1. hall-moye@msn.com Active Member

United-States
    IMAG0084.jpg IMAG0086.jpg IMAG0089.jpg IMAG0088.jpg IMAG0084.jpg

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack likes this.
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Nice start.
    Did you paint everything with both arms attached?
    I find figures with crossed arms in front of the body quite difficult to paint, but you seem to have managed it very well.

Adrian
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very good start. I should go for more shading.

Marc
    Ethan likes this.
  4. Ortigara Member

Hallo Chris, nice figure, what brand is it?
  5. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Very nice, I also tend to put the figure together as much as possible before I start painting. I don't know how all you guys can paint on something and get all of those layers, then put arms on and have to figure out how to get the exact same look after you putty and clean up the seams.

One crit and it may be the camera. but the red looks a bit light to me? Im a vibrant kind of guy so it may just be me but some contrast would make the coat look awesome!
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Very nice figure and colors,nice rendition of red.
  7. hall-moye@msn.com Active Member

United-States
    Well guys thanks for the comments.
    I painted the body of the figure first then added the arms and it wasnt easy.
    The camera I think washed out alot of the shadows ,but i will look it over again. And the camera was my phone. lol
    It is oils over acrylic . To maintain the color I kept the pallet the same and matched the old with the new before I painted the arms then baked the figure in a crockpot several times as the layers were put down. I do not bake the head as I do not want to flattened the flesh tones.
    The figure is a Art Girona 54mm.
  8. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  9. hall-moye@msn.com Active Member

United-States
  10. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I think this figure is coming along great, the red is fantastic and I personnally like the tone of the breeches... 'white' in the field (and 240 odd years ago) wouldn't have really been white. IMHO you've really got that down right.

Look forward to seeing the progress of this work.

Colin

PS- your first set of pics turned out better than the second set... stick with the phone camera:LOL:
  11. hall-moye@msn.com Active Member

United-States
    Thanks much, I agree ,I will stick with the camera phone and less Vodka.:)
  12. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    (y):LOL: