1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

28th North Gloucesters Waterloo diorama

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Grod, Jan 22, 2018.

1. KuK_Grenadier PlanetFigure Supporter

Austria
    Lovely, great, fantastic, what a project!
    But unfortunately as some said before it is too much work for a single painter.
    I'll have to wait for RDG (any information who is behind this upcoming company?)
    Huw63 and Grod like this.
  2. El Tché Well-Known Member

:woot::woot: OMG !!!!!
  3. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Steve
    I believe the 'belgic' shako was introduced in 1812 and most line infantry units had converted from the old stovepipe headgear by the time of Waterloo. The 28th however retained the stovepipe with their distinctive front and rear badges. Light infantry units also retained the stovepipe version. The 28th were also known to have 'acquired ' french calfskin packs during the Egyptian campaign in 1801 which were still in use in 1815.
    I'm a great fan of Lady Butlers paintings but they were not always totally accurate in respect of some uniform detail but, to my mind, never detracts from the impact of her work.
    Cheers
    Gordon
    Martin64, OldTaff, Blind Pew and 5 others like this.
  4. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think it will be a distant horizon for a painted one Kev
    Huw63 and napoleonpeart like this.
  5. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Christian
    I've found that I need a bit of help as demand for these kits increases so have asked my son to distribute them using RDG miniatures which will be launched in the next couple of weeks. Full details will be announced on PF.
    Cheers
    Gordon
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers for that, Gordon! Im not a big Napoleonic buff, so thanks for the explanation! (y)
  7. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    WOW!!
    Grod likes this.
  8. YDGIN A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Супер!(y)
    Grod likes this.
  9. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Amazing work.
    Andy
    Grod likes this.
  10. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is amazing. After The Roll Call and Rorkes Drift, now this. My favourite period.
    Now a good conversation with my wife....:whistle:

Ben
    MMM, Huw63 and Grod like this.
  11. Helm A Fixture

England
    Hells Bells :eek:
    Steve
    Grod likes this.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    My birthday is just passed.
    Now I have to wait another year.
    Amazing, impressive etc. But I cannot aford it, still I wanted.

Marc
    Grod likes this.
  13. Huw63 A Fixture

Gordon

This is a masterpiece concieved by two geniuses whose minds are as twisted as mine and whose souls were concieved by the modeller god messiah. Brilliant, excellent, wonderful and fantastic.

will be in touch Gordon... will be in touch very soon.. haha heehee hoohoo....

Cheers

Huw

p.s when are you doing the cuirassiers charging scene????
    Tonton, Tommi and Grod like this.
  14. Oda A Fixture

That is legendary even before it is released.Standing ovation,nothing more!!!!!!!

Oda.
    Grod likes this.
  15. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Wow,that's more than fantastic ! Great work by Moz as always. :love::love::love:
    Grod likes this.
  16. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lol
    Take it easy tiger I think you've been on that Swiss hooch again!
    I think Moz has the genius gene.
    I like the charging heavy cavalry idea - a squadron or troop?
    Cheers
    Gordon
    Huw63 likes this.
  17. Helm A Fixture

England
    Knowing you a Regt.
    Steve
  18. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is just such an awesome piece and something that was needed in the market place. Moz has done a fantastic job on this and has probably lost what sanity he had left on this one :p Really looking forward to mine dropping through the door

Tommi
    Huw63, Grod and Blind Pew like this.
  19. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is nothing short of totally outstanding. It's only January, but I can't see this being bettered as a single release throughout the whole year.
    I've been trying to find some highlights, the drummer and the RHA Officer are superb on their own.

This is amazing, the only shame being I might not ever see a whole one painted up.
    Huw63, Grod and Tommi like this.
  20. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Brilliant concept and execution, a real masterpiece. Speaking as one who is still stoically plodding my way through the "Roll Call", I wonder if I would have enough capable painting years left to even attempt this. Finding doing 1/32 scale a real struggle these days.....C'est la vie :rolleyes:

Alan
    Blind Pew, Huw63 and Grod like this.