1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

28th Massachussets

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by BULL, Mar 15, 2019.

1. BULL A Fixture

I thank you all for your enthusiasm.
    I am very pleased that you enjoyed this piece.
    I take this opportunity to show the figure before the primer, so that we can see where and how it was modified.
    In the next few days, to please Gooner Mike, I will also publish sbs of the flag painting. 2.jpg
    10.jpg
    7.jpg
    4.jpg
    fermatgom and oldtrousers like this.
  2. Gooner Mike Active Member

thank you so much enrico for doing this sbs I really appreciate it
  3. oldtrousers PlanetFigure Supporter

Absolutely beautiful work!

Scott
  4. fermatgom A Fixture

Spain
    The work on the flag is stunning, but I also like very much the tones on the face. Simply excellent!
  5. BULL A Fixture

Thank you, I also wanted to simply show how a figure, even if not recent, with little modifications or with a little showy colors, can take on new life and still be very valid.
  6. BULL A Fixture

As promised, here is a small sbs where you can see the various stages of painting the flag.
    First of all I painted the whole green surface with its lights and shadows that I will also use as a reference for the decoration that I will add
    IMG-20180219-WA0000.jpg IMG-20180219-WA0001.jpg
    Later, with a light color, like the maxims of the flag (so that if I was wrong it was easier to correct) I set the larger references of the various elements that make up the design, simplifying the forms.

This was done on both sides to have the correct centering.
    IMG_20180223_181207.jpg
    Later I started working on every single element, complete with lights and shadows, always starting from the center
    IMG-20180226-WA0003.jpeg
    to finish with the painting of red scrolls and subsequent additions of writings.
    IMG_20180301_214103.jpg IMG_20180306_000423.jpg IMG_20180306_000441.jpg
  7. BULL A Fixture

The work is then finished with the painting of golden fringes.
    As always for these parts I don't use a metallic color, but I recreate a gold fabric with ocher, brown and yellow bases.
    IMG_20180413_184334.jpg IMG_20180413_184346.jpg IMG_20180413_184403.jpg
    The entire figure and the flag was painted entirely in acrylic.
  8. Gooner Mike Active Member

excellent sbs on the flag thank you for doing this and much appreciated