1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

28th Mass. Infantry Painted

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola guys!

Here is the finished, painted piece. Was a lot of fun and an excersise in blending, still a lot to learn!! Looks like there are a few things yet to be touched up but is pretty much done. Painted with Vallejos and Reaper paints.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Very nice Anders a well completed piece.

Thanks for posting, RobH.:)
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Beautiful sculpting and painting Anders, a real work of art. My only question is the intensity of the light blue colour, it seems almost irredescent. Is this just a trick of the light?
  4. Cool chap, Anders

I see that you are coming again to Euro, hope this time you bring along some of your work, would live to see them 'alive'!

Keep them coming cowboy!

Ivan
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Anders,
    Would really look at him at Euro.

Marc
  6. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    Hi Anders
    Great job.
    Roberto
  7. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looks great Anders, didn't take you long - you must be at it 20 hours a day! He looks delighted to be going where ever he has been sent
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Anders, great painting, looking forward to seeing your work at Euro. Many thanks.

Cheers Ken
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

I will bring this piece and a few others to Euro.

Tony,

No, he is not irredecent! The pictures really make him a lot more vivid then he really is. Not sure why, but I will try to figure it out.
  10. sirhogr Member

Greece
    Great work Anders! I'm looking forward to see more of your work. Congrats
  11. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Anders!

Jay H.
  12. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Good to see this one painted Anders,I think the brightness of your pictures could easily be rectified by changing your cameras settings.Look forward to seeing your work at Euro.

Cheers David
  13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

Here are some new pictures, I hope they are better, if not please do let me know!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Man,they say I'm fast :):). Nice job Anders. See you at Euro

Stephen
  15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, These are your BEST photos to date! The older pictures did not give an accurate (there's that word AGAIN) view of what your work looks like. This is definitely more on the mark. So what happened between this set and the last set of pictures? Something good no doubt. ~Gary

Now about that light blue canteen cover :)

PS, Gee wiz type thing. Greatcoats commonly had a raw edge along the bottom:):). leaves some room for painting in some fraying.
  16. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Anders,
    Great looking figure and very nicely painted.
    Cheers
    John
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

I am glad these pictures are a bit better. Now that you have seen my stuff in person Gary it is probably easier to tell what they actually look like rather then my lousy pictures. All I really did was change the light setup and played with the F stop. Yeah the canteen is actually a faded darker blue :) The greatcoat that I've got from Reenacting have the cut edge, I think at some point it was shortened, but it is a real nice repro, though no fraying yet, and its atleast 10 years old, and was used pretty heavily at one point, though we did Cavalry...so not much groundpounding!
  18. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Hi Anders,

You paint equally fast... like the very contrast work between figure and groundwork. Face is beauty. Very nice work!

Allan
  19. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    The perfect finish.
    A figure, a ground work, a title plate and everything are very wonderful.
    I think an amazing masterpiece.

Mitsutaka