1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

28th C.B.N. Seabees

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by BULL, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is great - really good choice of subject.
  2. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand

Enrico enjoy each of your new projects and this is no exception.
    Your creative story telling with a figure or two really gives us an insight into a variety of US WW2 subjects. Saw photos of your collection in recent Show report & admired each one of them in consistency of quality, as we as presentation. A benchmark for us all. Composition & design remind me of Calvin Tan’s work.

Thanks for sharing with us.
    Nap and BULL like this.
  3. BULL A Fixture

thank you Mike, your words make me really happy because they encourage me to continue on this path trying to improve the quality and presentation of the figures every time.
    Calvin Tan is undoubtedly a Master, my Master, and his style and way of concentrating a setting in a small space has always fascinated me and still manages to amaze me every time.
    I try, in my small way, to be able to tell a story with a single figure, putting all the necessary elements, without weighing down the scene with non-essential elements.
    I will continue to show these works of mine in the future, in the hope that they can be an inspiration for someone and that they can definitely do even better than me.
    Nap, Mike - The Kiwi and sd0324 like this.
  4. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A superb and very original creation Enrico.
    Very, very well done.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  5. dmcHobbes Active Member

United-States
    Enrico,
    Incredibly well done! Father -in-law was a SeaBee. Plied his trade on Okinawa. He would have appreciated this project.

Doug
  6. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Classic, unique work, perfection! Great work, Enrico.
  7. BULL A Fixture

I am very happy that this work is attracting this enthusiasm from you.
    It's a military figure, but it doesn't really have the classic military look of a soldier, but I also liked to highlight little-known but essential units.

Doug, I'm also very excited to hear that this job would please your father-in-law. I like to think that it could be my tribute to him and to all those men, of any side and front who fought for the ideals they believed in.
    Nap and dmcHobbes like this.
  8. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great idea and brilliantly done, top marks for originality, after I had finished admiring the excellent work I asked myself - what ball did he use for that, glad you answered it in the thread.
    TERRY
  9. BULL A Fixture

Initially I thought of starting from the resin lead made by Royal Model, but once I received it and compared it with the photo and the figure, I realized it would be too small and not fit for purpose.
    So after some checks and measurements I realized that the ping pong ball was perfect.

received_1149869142297386.jpeg

So I decided to keep only small details of the resin kit and rebuild all the rest with various evergreen rods and metal parts.
    Nap likes this.
  10. Cannonball A Fixture

Super concept and great execution Enrico.

Neal
  11. BULL A Fixture

Thanks again; what I really liked about this project is that it allowed me to do various searches in a context that I didn't know very much and to discover different peculiarities, such as in the case of tattoos.
    It's not a random detail with a "trivial" or themed design, but I discovered that there was a precise coding and meaning of each tattoo and their position.
    de2504157c8c63eaa618ddeb56b00718.jpg
    dmcHobbes likes this.
  12. -=König=- Active Member

A lot of work has been done. My standing ovation :woot: