1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

28mm Native American

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by RobH, Apr 10, 2004.

1. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all

Have been doing stuff of late; for some reason felt inclined, after getting a Robert Griffing book, to start this.

Started at a club meet last month, as we have a 'formal' meet and a 'practical' meet each month.

Please remember its only 28mm, so these pictures are quite enlarged, but comments encouraged and welcome!

Lets see if I can add some pics!

[IMG]

so that's how you do it!

[IMG]

[IMG]

All in Kneadatite, over an initial magic sculp armature.

just started on the arm. Will cut back before sculpting the shirt sleeves.

He'll be cradling a gun in his other arm.

As to the head, well that terrifies me!!

:)

Rob
  2. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    :eek: (y) just one word- AMAZING!!!! (y)
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    I second Kamil's post, (y) (y) (y) Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  4. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Rob, 28mm, you must be crazy :lol: Damn good though ,waaaaaay too small for me, I'd like to see the head when you do it ;)
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Rob!

He is looking promesing! The shirt is very well done, a well as the leggings, although they look a tad large, The moccasins are super! Keep up the good job, hope you have some good magnifying glasses!
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice,keep it up.

Roc. :)
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Rob, Good going so far. I have problems with 54's let alone 28mm. Yhe Perry twins make some great Rev War woodland Indians. You should check out the photos they may may be of help.~Gary
  8. John Long Active Member

United-States
    28mm! That's small. Good job so far, I look forward to seeing how you approach the face. I really like the woodland indians.

Gary, where can you see the Perry twins work?
  9. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks all the the comments!

Anders - seems there's so little room for the putty it just seems to end up large! But well spotted; I understand now why these 28mm things end up only 6 heads in proportion!

The Perry twins always do some nice stuff; and so many of the things! I especially like their new 40mm Peninsular war stuff, and the Border Rievers are cool too.

Cheers Geoff for the links, I'll check them out.

:)

Rob