1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 28mm Minden Miniatures-Grenadiers de Fránce

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Sep 26, 2023.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Finished the lace and the rest of the drummer.
    This chap is ready to be stored away until i get the flag bearer and officer. 20231006_153954.jpg 20231006_154017.jpg 20231006_154040.jpg
    Martin64, Oda, Nap and 1 other person like this.
  2. Waterlooman A Fixture

I'm a bit short at the moment need to wait till I can spare the cash to buy some.

W.
    MarquisMini likes this.
  3. Waterlooman A Fixture

MarquisMini likes this.
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I hear you Mate, i do once in a while invest in stuff for my miniatures, but family budget always goes first.
    Waterlooman and Nap like this.
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thnks W, i am really happy with the result on the lace, it is a bit tricky in this scale.
    Waterlooman likes this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Fine result on the drummer , tapping away waiting for the officers !

Interesting you use Matt varnish /water as your medium on palette

Look forward to seeing more as always

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda, MarquisMini and Waterlooman like this.
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Moving onto the next chap...
    This Officer flagbearer is coming along, unlike the white lace of the troopers, the officers had silver lace on their coats... 20231007_225142.jpg 20231007_225200.jpg
    Oda, Waterlooman and Nap like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

He looks a stern and determined fellow , again a nice start with your artwork bringing out the best of the figure

Look forward to seeing the flag

Happy benchtime

Nap
    MarquisMini likes this.
  9. Waterlooman A Fixture

Loving the details in these.

W.
    MarquisMini likes this.
  10. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hey W,
    I've got my order for the Matt Varnish today, i realize i did not ordered the same , this new Matt varnish is way more thick.
    Perhaps i will have to place another order since they have different numbers on the bottle. :-( 20231008_202624.jpg
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Pushing through to finish these chaps...
    Officer and Sergeant ... 20231008_202610.jpg 20231008_202657.jpg
    Martin64, Nap, theBaron and 2 others like this.
  12. Waterlooman A Fixture

Are they both Ultra Matt?

W.
    MarquisMini and Oda like this.
  13. Waterlooman A Fixture

I have decided to re do a good bunch of the Blue on the French, as in real life they should be a lot darker almost a Blue-Black, I can get there by using my Matt Black (That is nice and Matt) and a few bit of my Dark Blue (this is the product that drying with a slight sheen despite being a Matt) the idea is to mix it - 8 parts Black to 2 parts Blue.

W.
    MarquisMini and Oda like this.
  14. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    One is ultra Matt, the one i have been using it, i realise the other is just Matt and thicker.
    Oda and Waterlooman like this.
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

I agree 100 % with you on that.
    My technique with these chaps , especially 28mm dark blue uniforms i ise a Navy Blue with a dab of Black, then i add Vallejo Intermidiate Blue to add lights progressively , last light i use 1 dot Navy Blue , 1 or 2 dots Intermidiate blue and water wise not to diluted , that way i use an 5X0 brush on the highest part of the cloth.
    I hope my English is understandable enough lol, hard to explain with words .
    Can't wait to see your next batch of Frenchies!
    Nap, Oda and Waterlooman like this.
  16. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

If you can get your hands on the Ultra, make sure the number is #183, you will love the result. 20231009_074204.jpg 20231009_074307.jpg
    Oda likes this.
  17. Waterlooman A Fixture

Thank you for explaining all that, do you brush your varnish or spray.

W.
    MarquisMini likes this.
  18. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Once the figure is completed, i Spray the entire figure with Testors dullcote varnish.
  19. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I went to the craft store yesterday and bought the base for this diorama.
    Sanded a little, cleaned the entire base , added some wood prep and stained it. 20231008_202641.jpg 20231009_135345.jpg
    Nap and Waterlooman like this.
  20. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I decided to go the cheap way and used some small pieces of hard white foam i have lingering around, cut it to shape more less and glued them onto the base.
    Next, i did used a lighter close enough to the foam to " Melt" a little and shape it up to make it look like elevated ground..
    Painted up with Vallejo Flat earth, a little diluted, some areas i brushed one time, others twice, that way it will look uneven.
    Then i mixed some putty ( Magic sculp) and added some areas , that way it will look like eneven ground, once dried out i color them with Basic earth .
    This provides me with a good base color in order to add dirt and static grass.
    Being extra careful to leave a good flat area to glue the figures in.
    20231009_135330.jpg 20231009_135307.jpg 20231009_135248.jpg 20231009_143614.jpg
    Nap, Oda, Waterlooman and 1 other person like this.