1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 28mm Maison Du Roi , Musketeers of the guard

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Mar 6, 2017.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Keith, glad you like it
    Cheers
    anstontyke likes this.
  2. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Horse lights and shade done, still lots of work on the details to go
    .. 20170308_134410.jpg 20170308_134419.jpg
    Borek, Wings5797, billyturnip and 3 others like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England

Yep sure got to agree with that

Blooming heck they look great

Nap
    anstontyke and MarquisMini like this.
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Kev !
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Interesting detail i jave learned today about the Mousquetaires
    The 1st company had the soubreveste ( modern day poncho :) )
    With the silver cross edged with a gold lilly, the flames were red bjt only 3 flames in each corner of the cross, while the 2nd company had the same but instead of 3 flames there was 5 and in gold color.
    Officers wore all of the red cloth but no soubreveste, and since they were supossed to be on foot or mounted ( kind of the same as dragoons) they did not have kettle drummers, they had drummers..
    These Frenchies certainly don't stop surprising me with these lavish details .....
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Some references i've found.
    Some are of the later period, where they were reinstated after Napoleon, amazing uniforms indeed.
    d18686ba665dea74393e52b575a147dc.jpg IMGP0024.jpg produit_image2_23217_1457648712.jpg a5ee8bb75d88ab7c86a6a0d5c055d1aa.jpg dc2ca1e6fd4cfb6f5d2c2fb3180d2804.jpg ae1644aff0805abe9aaecd31a8d778b0-1.jpg
    blaster, Viking Bob, Borek and 5 others like this.
  7. Oda A Fixture

That's a fine horseman alright.Late musketeer uniforms are a bit of a rarity in our hobby so this project of yours besides being a joy to watch getting painted is also highly informative.

Oda.

PS:I absolutely love the uniformology and history lessons.For me they are an indispensable part of the hobby and at least half of the fun.Your research material is truly remarkable.
  8. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Hi Oda, yes, i could say i enjoy the research on the historical accuracy of these uniforms, not only the details but the history, that fate of a particular Regiment, that give a true meaning to the painted figure , at least for me it makes all the difference .
    I recall seeing this figure of the Old time Le cimier in 54mm, a Mousquetaire Gris of the post Napoleon era or the so called "Restauration" of the Monarquie.
    54ba4.jpg
  9. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    When I first looked at the title, I thought Musketeers of the Guard at Yorktown? I had to see :wideyed:
    Switching gears in the middle of a project isn't unusual in this hobby for sure. Fantastic work as usual and I see you're using Citadel. I like the paints but the containers suck!

Bob
    Borek, anstontyke and MarquisMini like this.
  10. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Bob, yes, it is not unusual to switch to another project, even thou i tried my best to focus on the Yorktown i couldn't resist to paint this Mousquetaire lol.
    I agree, the citadel jars suck, but i love the old foundation paints.
    Too bad the change to a new range of paints.
    Regards
    Borek and anstontyke like this.
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    This chap it is almost done.... 20170309_135021.jpg 20170309_135028.jpg
    Viking Bob, Borek, Wings5797 and 4 others like this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

That guy ooozes so much detail on such a small scale ..well done I say

Thanks great sharing all and every single post

Now get painting !

Nap
    Wings5797, MarquisMini and anstontyke like this.
  13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I've found this Chateau, i think it is l suitable for what i have in mind....

28WFSS14-1-1.jpg
    Borek, Wings5797, OldTaff and 3 others like this.
  14. Nap Moderator

England
    Very impressive looking building

Looking forward to see what you do with this

Nap
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Kev, it will be a lotnof work, probably alternate back and forth with the Yorktown which is almost done.
    Cheers
  16. Oda A Fixture

This is huge!We're talking about another museum quality diorama again!I love it and will follow all the way.

Oda.
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Daniel is now a property tycoon ....will it just be this building I ask myself..lol

Happy modelling mate

Nap
  18. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Stunning work, as always, Daniel. What a great thread this is, with all the added information. Well done , chaps (y)

Alan
  19. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Oda, glad to have you here :)
    Oda and anstontyke like this.
  20. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Haha, yes, it will be just the building and abrought iron fences and a main gate.
    The building itself is expensive, so i will have to hold off for now or maybe buy the building first, because i have no clue of the space i am working with. On and i have to fit the Mousquetaires, The Gendarmes d ela garde and Gardes Francoises, so before i order more fifs i may have to get this chateau first.
    Borek, anstontyke and napoleonpeart like this.