1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

20th Georgia Infantry, Gettysburg 1863

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by garyjd, Jun 24, 2005.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Looks good Gary. I think you solved the coat problem. It looks right.
  2. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Those few subtle changes to the coat make a great difference Gary.
    A real credit to you in this scale, and the pose is looking great too. Very natural.

All the best.

Roy.
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I'm working on the hands and hope to have an update with some pics soon. One thing I'm excited about is that after some talking between a few parties, one of them a manufacturer, it looks like the figure will be a commercially available piece. I'll provide more information at a later time.~Gary
  4. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I can see why someone wants to "publish" this piece. Excellent work Gary. How do you proceed once its done? If you could do an SBS of cutting it apart for mold making purposes I would be interested in seeing how that is accomplished. I have wanted to cast parts of my figures but have no clue on how to cut them up without ruining them.

Colin
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Colin, This figure started out as a one off so what is one piece will be cut from a one piece casting to separate those parts that would typically be separate on a commercial kit.

I do plan on having the 120mm figure I do for my sculpting sbs done in such a way where it is engineered to be cast, so stay tuned for that.~Gary
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Gary...great news that it will be available commercially...He's such a tempting little figure...that we could otherwise only look at.
    Good luck with the work on the hands too....looking forward to seeing him complete.

All the best.

Roy.
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Gary - That's great news about the figure becoming commercially available! He's very attractive for the ACW market, I'd think. What about the Dragon rifle? Will you have to sculpt one now? Looking forward to the 120mm SBS.

All the best,
    Dan
  8. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Gary.

Excellent work as ever, clean and concise. Very nice

A question though; how do things stand on the commercial release of this as a kit if the head is from another commercial company (unless its Tiger productions)? Are there any issues regarding this?
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guys, Thanksa lot, really. Seeing that the head is not an original, the company that owns the rights to the head have given their go ahead to produce the figure commercially with this head. I would think that credit will be given to Taesung for the headsculpt. As for future 1/35 or 54's I'll have to just knuckle down and do my own head next time, although my intention with this was originally to do a one off.~Gary

PS, I'm also being provided with a suitable weapon for the figure.
  10. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Well that's cool! I figured it would be something like that! Must be so much going on behind the scenes!

BTW, saw a casting of the bust you did on MR stand at EXPO. Man that was soooo much smaller than I had imagined! And quite superb!
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Rob, Thanks a lot, glad you were able to go to the show. Yeah, the bust was small, especially compared to the Karl bust which was about twice the size.~Gary
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Gary,

As always, superbe work.

Marc
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME paint-job,Gary (y) (y) !! I'll be looking forward to the next installments,my friend. Cheers !
    Kenneth :)
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Marc & Kenneth, Thannks a lot.

After two tries I have the right arm and sleeve roughed in. All that remains is clean up of the arm and refining a few of the folds then on to sculpting the hand that is adjusting the knapsack.

Attached Files:

15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    back view.

Attached Files:

16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Full figure, minus his weapon and most of his equipment.

Attached Files:

17. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Gary....you've made a superb job so far...good to see your progress..I love the addition of all the straps and you've done the sleeves beautifully..
    It takes so much effort to get the arm to look realistic in the position you've chosen (adjusting the knapsack) and you've carried it out so well...the twist of the arm is so difficult to achieve...well done mate...it looks spot on.

He's a real beauty.

All the best.

Roy.
  18. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Gary, you've done a FANTASTIC sculpt......WOW :eek:

Sorry for posting so late.......that's me :(

Keep it rolling mate...........

Ray ;)
  19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ray, Thanks, I appreciate it.~Gary
  20. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Figure completed Okay I have to replace the little round finial on the cartridge box and add some buttonholes. It was a fun project, though it took longer than I would have liked.

The 120mm sbs figure will be my next project.

Attached Files: