1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

2020, a good year for great PF good intentions !

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by HansDig, Dec 25, 2019.

1. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    2020 .....A new year, time for good PF-intentions.

Now who am I to suggest some good intentions for us PF-members.....

Became a member in 2018, only 500+ post and never won the FOTM so, what makes me even think I have the right and yet I feel it could be a good thing for all of us if we could make this one 2020-vow work.

This great forum has, i.m.h.o. the most positive vibe I have ever seen in places like this (and believe me, I've seen and been to some.....) but every once in a while the same discussion pops up. I discussion we best describe as the "I feel offended by" or, using a well-known phrase the "how dare you" discussion.

In one year time we've had the "stop violence agains 120mm woman", the "do justice to the native Indian", the "give girs more clothes to wear", the "SS funny figure" ,the "No Pin-ups on a V2" and, in an attempt to cover it all the " what can't in minuatures" topic.
    The results are always the same. The pro's don't understand the con's and v.v.

After a short while the topic is locked and removed by our heroic mod's.

So, in short, a useless effort having a big impact on this peacefull forum and perhaps the reason there are much more visitors than members....

So, as for 2020 and all the years to come, I suggest we all make a vow on judging and commenting new figures on their craftmanship and casting and completed figures on their paintwork and scenery.

What a figure or vignette depicts will never again be the subject of our own personal social, political and/or religious preferences and we will sure never ever try to impose them on others. We salute the rank, not the man.

If a topic shows a figure or a scene that is far beyond the good taste of every normal human being a PM to our fantastic mods should get an honest result.

And the "lounge".... a lounge is for light subjects and therefor not to be misused for "making a statement". Of course we could suggest to moderators we start a new section for those that wish to make a statement

So, let's agree to disagree and adopt and keep this simple good intention.

We all want peace so let's keep it, starting here om PM. All those agree, say "like".

I wish you all a great, healthy, happy and creative 2020.

Regards
    Hans
    DaddyO, balder, Old Pete and 4 others like this.
  2. akaryu PlanetFigure Supporter

Belgium
    Very well said Hans! Happy painting!

Cheers,
    Pierre
    Nap and HansDig like this.
  3. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Well said Hans.