1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique 200mm WWII Germany Soldier Smoking

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by TonyT, Oct 17, 2011.

1. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I bought this as my first large scale resin off evil bay ( bought 2) at a time when I did not know things such as recasts existed or indeed this site, I don't want to get into the politics of that, I know it is wrong, but I did not know such things went on , this was the first ever resin figure I painted of which I am proud of and as such it started me down the slippy slidey slope of figure painting I do today which in turn led me to this site, although it may have been a recast it generated my interest.
    so something positive came out of it as I have since purchased several genuine items from various individuals who sell their wares on here (and only buy genuine items now), something I probably would not of got into if I hadn't bought this one........ but I did like painting it and whether you like the painting leaving out the origin of the model I leave it up to you :)

Comments are welcome as with my German para also posted earlier.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

P.s how do you stop them looking shiny in photos when they are not in real life?

Attached Files:

• c2s.jpg
      c2s.jpg
      File size:
      73.2 KB
      Views:
    Mike S., Chris K, crf and 2 others like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You must have painted figures before Tony, as you've done a great job on this.
    Carl.(y)
  3. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nope Carl, unless you count the odd 1/35th ones about 40 years ago, I did used to paint the odd picture in an amateur way and just sort looked on it as a 3D painting...
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Impressive then Tony.
    Carl.(y)
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's very impressive work Tony. I don't recognise this figure as being by one of the well-known companies at all, so maybe it's not in fact a recast? It could have been done by some very small, flash-in-the-pan outfit that released just one or two figures before folding? I have two 200mm Germans from such a firm myself.

- Steve
  6. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I hope he realises that smoking can be bad for his health Tony, LOL
    Great paint job.
    Brian
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    You might want to try taking pictures in shaded natural light to reduce shine and glare. Direct light indoors can sheen. Nice job on the paintign and very honest of you to declare a recast, even if not accurate.

Colin
  8. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Tony,
    That is an old Coree figure. He is oop but as I have one I can tell you he isn't a recast unless someone is very very good at it and most recast aren't. Nice job on painting him. Regards Brock
  9. Stonewall123 Member

Ireland
    There are recasts out of China from a guy called "Model In" or "Toys In" for as little as 29$.
    Stonewall123
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    You painted this guy very well.
    Good work.

Marc