1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique 200mm Sas Trooper Task Force Black

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Gellso, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Finally finished this guy who is available from Gordon at Mitches Military Models.

He's sculpted by Maurice Corry.

This figure blew me away with it's size. It's a very imposing piece which is riddled with kit and offers the painter a number of variations on the uniform as they wore a combination of digicam, tricolour and british dpm. I opted for the tricolour as I had painted it a very long time ago on Verlindens 101st Paratrooper Iraq. When I painted the paratrooper I depicted the green as almost washed out as it does do for real after many washes. I remember seeing a Mcfarlane figure of spec ops Afghanistan and the green was a bit darker but I found it very striking and wanted to achieve similar with this guy.

I wasn't going to include the Night vision set up as I didn't think it looked that great on the unpainted figure but as I kitted him out there was no way this wasn't going on him. There are a few wires for the radio and comms equipment which again just bring out the coolness of this figure. His pose also was a concern to me, but once again when he's painted up he really looks the part.

Mitches are also thinking about the possibiltiy of bringing him out as a bust. I've included pictures to let you see what he could be like.

I feel he is one of the coolest and best sculpted figure I've ever painted.

So here he is:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant, i love the face and the battered paintwork on the weapon. I for one would buy a bust version of this large figure
    John
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Some lovely detail painting on the Grant.
    Work as a bust too.
    Added that extra bit of realism for you,:sneaky:
    Carl.(y)

Attached Files:

• SAS.jpg
      SAS.jpg
      File size:
      51.5 KB
      Views:
    Helm, baronband, Wings5797 and 2 others like this.
  4. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice piece Grant. Face and weapon are two standout areas for me in what is a cracking paint job. Bust would appeal even to me.

Regards

Ron
  5. Don Well-Known Member

Super work on this figure, you have made a wonderful job of it. Cant see a problem with any part, just excellent.

Don
  6. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ron- Cheers mate means a lot coming from a a painter of your calibre.
    Don- Thanks mate
    Carl- you make me laugh quite like no other!
  7. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Brilliant....you did this wonderful figure justice.
    Ant
  8. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Great work Grant!(y)
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Well done.
    Cheers
    John
  10. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Great piece of work Grant I like it.

Pedro
  11. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Outstanding brushwork Grant (y)!!

Joe
  12. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very good (must be huge)(y)
  13. Funky50 Guest

Really good paint job especially on the face ....just putting the finishing touches to a 200mm para mount Longdon so know how hard camo is to paint and weather as effectively as you have.....nice job
  14. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great work Grant.
    I especially like your work on the weapons and the face is fantastic, not over done with too much contrast from shadow to highlight, subtle is really good (y) .

Cheers,
    Keith
  15. Tarracus A Fixture

I like it!(y) the carbine looks awesome!

Gerard
  16. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Top painting Grant. It's certainly inspired me to get my brushes out and have a bash at one myself. I think that for this scale I do need to try an airbrush on it. Old dogs new tricks etc.
    Thanks for posting .
    I will be releasing this as a bust in due course but if anyone is interested in getting one then drop me a line on gordonmi@hotmail.com
    Cheers
    Gordon
    Funky50 likes this.
  17. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    Really nice work, figures this size are intimidating...I'd would DEFINITELY be interested in a bust of this!!
  18. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    beautiful giant..very effective painting on the uniform !!
  19. Helm A Fixture

England
    Brilliant Grant the weathering on the clothes and weapons is just right without being over the top mate top job all around

Steve
  20. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Looks great. I can only imagine how much paint you had to use.