1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

200mm PPsH In Prog

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Well, I decided to go ahead and try to make the PPsH myself. This is the second time Im doing a weapon and first time this large. So might have a lot of setbacks, but I will go slow and think out the next step before doing it and maybe it won't be so bad.

I started with a big ball of putty, never mixed so much putty at same time before :| Then I rolled it out ala' Gordy Style :)

Attached Files:

2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Next step was to see if it was enough for the scale print I have of the PPsH

Attached Files:

3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Then I traced it with an X-Acto knife, the putty was like a hard rubber at this stage.

Attached Files:

4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is the results after tracing it.

Attached Files:

5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    And then the cutting started!

Attached Files:

6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    And here is the final cut out compared with scale drawings. The sucker is about ~9,8cm long! Now I need to do a lot of carving!

Will resume work on this Sunday, have a horse show this weekend, wish me luck!!

Attached Files:

7. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to seeing the next steps on this

Robin
  8. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Anders, you very brave man. My hat off to you.

Very interested to see how u progress.

Rob
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Anders,my best wishes go out to you on your newest endeavour (y) You are de MAN Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  10. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    brave indeed!
    working with large chunks of putty is quite duanting!
    keep a vacuum handy - there's gonna be a lotta of clipping :biggrin:
  11. LCoote New Member

Australia
  12. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Well I'll thank you for that link too, Leigh.

good reference for my German's ppsh! Excellent (y)

Rob
  13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for the encouragement! I am sure that I will need it. I havent figured hout how I am tackeling thr barrel yet, that time that sorrow :) I just got home from a horse show so didnt get much done on it this weekend but will work on it this week.

Thanks for that link Leigh, can never have too much reference! One thing that I would like is the measurements of the drum magazine. I have measurements of most other things, but not on the drum.

Thanks agian and I'll be sure to keep you posted on the progress!
  14. LCoote New Member

Australia
    [/QUOTE]Posted on Feb 22 2004, 08:25 AM
    Well I'll thank you for that link too, Leigh.
  15. John Long Active Member

United-States
    You've got a great start Anders. I'm getting ready to do a weapon this way myself. We'll have to talk.
  16. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John,

Sure, we'll get together either later this week or next week. Need to pick up my figures also.
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Well, after a meeting with Bryan (sorry dont know your last name!) and John Long this evening and discussing how to go about doing the Barrel of the PPsH for my Ruski we came up with a good plan. What I did was first to get the barrel close to the shape it needed to be. Then I used a flat copper piece that I cut into a U shape, the same shape as the barrel and scraped the barrel. This worked pretty good, but I ended up using an X-Acto to refine it. After the shape was done, the pattern was drawn on the barrel and then I drilled out the barrel the whole length so the 'real' barrel could be inserted. Then I used a dremmel tool with a small burr bit to make the holes in the cooling cover. Still need to do some refinements but I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. Atleast the barrel is still in one piece! (knocking three times on head )

It really wasnt all that complicated or hard to do, just took a long time and putting 3 heads together to get it done! Thanks Bryan and John, couldnt have done it without you guys :)

Attached Files:

18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    DoH

Just cross checked my references...and guess what! I screwed up in a couple of places. 1st, there should be 3 holes on the top part, then the sight (covering the 4th hole on the top) and then another hole infront of the sight. Oh well, I can fill the forth hole and drill one infront of it.
  19. Manfred Active Member

I´m amazed about your braveness as you tackle this difficult weapon project.

Good job Anders (y)
  20. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Great to see this progress Anders. Keep up the good work. Love the sbs.

-jim cox