1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

200mm Nam Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Sep 25, 2004.

1. jaime Member

Spain
    Anders, I like very much. The pose, his face, etc.
    Are you going to paint it too? I am looking forward that SBS ;)
    Saludos
    Jaime Gil
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, I like the way you sculpted him by adding the arm. There are two things I might have done differently.

The brim and crown of the hat seem a bit on the small side.

The chin and the jaw seem to be a bit "Jay Leno".

The folds and other drapery effects look good. He'll look neat with a "tiger stripe" camo uniform.~Gary
  3. Hullebullen New Member

Ah, you have to tell us which dark witchcraft spells are at work here, making mini-men out of putty...

...sjukt bra Anders!

Can't wait to see this finished!
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

The bust is finished and I should get castings back at latest monday, then I will get started on the painting and I am hoping to have it finished by Chicago. We will see though, it is a lot of camo!

Jaime,

Yes, I will be painting this guy up! Can't wait to do all the tiger stripes...

Gary,

Yes, I agree on the brim, it may be a tad small, but I have seen pictures of 'In country" made boonie hats that have such small brims (I saw this after I made it...phew!!)

As for the chin, I looked at it, and I think you are correct (as always :) ), as matter of fact, I think on these pics his left side is fine and the right side was heavier, so I carved it down some. Thanks for pointing out, I relaly didn't see it.

Fredrik,

Tackar Tackar :)

There is no real secret, just push the putty around until you are happy!
  5. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Anders, you have caugh very well the character of the figure...
    Good work friend.

Alex.
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Alex!

I wish I could have gotten him to look a little more like the picture! But it was a lot of fun to do. I have just received the first casting of the bust and I will post it shortly!
  7. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Sorry, I was in the last reply.

Regards.