1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

200mm Lasalle Bust

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Peter Day, Sep 23, 2021.

  1. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

    Country:
    United-Kingdom
    100_0741.JPG

    This is Verlinden's 20omm bust of Lasalle 'The Hussar General''.

    I had some problems with this one, as the torso was mis-cast. Some areas of of the braiding were filled with debris, which I cleaned up as best I could, but decided that the best option for the right side was to cover the damage with a Milliput cloak. There was also a small amount of damage to the braiding on the left side, but I decided to live with it and paint it as best I could.

    100_0746.JPG download (10).jpg
    TOMTAN, akaryu, Martin64 and 2 others like this.
  2. Cannonball A Fixture

    Great colours Peter and a neat idea with the cloak. Lovely work on the braid as well.


    Neal
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

    Excellent work and painted

    Mobo
  4. Henk Well-Known Member

    Country:
    United-Kingdom
    Nice. Good catch with the milliput cloak Peter, all that practice converting and improving all the previous figures certainly paid off.
  5. misfit151 A Fixture

    Really liked this one when first released and think might have it somewhere in the loft ....but you've really done a great job on it.(y). Mike
  6. Nap A Fixture

    Country:
    England
    Hi Peter

    Well done on the idea for the cloak , works well , nice painting on the fleshwork and the lacing and medal looks good as well ...quite a distinctive result with the blue against green

    Thanks for sharing

    Look forward to the next

    Happy benchtime

    Nap
  7. Stephen Hutchinson PlanetFigure Supporter

    Morning Peter

    Lovely work with the milliput on the cloak

    I tried it on tank weld seams but found to a little difficult to use in small rolls, the cloak is a much better result.

    I used fine copper wire to repair braiding on my Galland bust.

    Well done in getting the repairs and modifications done and great work on the colour palette too.

    Another successful result

    How did the Dettol search go?

    Have a good day with the next victim

    Regards

    Steve H
  8. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

    Country:
    United-Kingdom
    Neal - Thanks that man.

    Mobo - Thanks once again.

    Henk - Glad you like him. It's all about practice and repetition. Whether you eventually get it right is another thing......

    Mike - One of the better ones in the series. I also ordered the Murat at the same time but found the face unpaintable.

    Nap. Cheers. A red cloak would have been the more obvious choice, but I hate painting red.

    Steve - Morning. Not a great result overall, but I was quite pleased with the way the Milliput went. I find the secret is to treat it like clay and use plenty of water to shape it. Katherine came home with a bottle of Dettol a couple of days ago, found at Morrison's, so we have not been forsaken here in Kent. It somewhat compensated for having sat on the hard shoulder of the M26 waiting for the AA for two hours last weekend - quite an experience.

Share This Page

planetFigure Links

Reviews & Open Box
Buy. Sell & trade
Articles
Link Directory
Events
Advertising

Popular Sections

Figure & Minis News
vBench - Works in Progress
Painting Talk
Sculpting Talk
Digital Sculpting Talk
The Lounge
Report Piracy

Who we are

planetFigure is a community built around miniature painters, sculptors and collectors, We are here to exchange support, Information & Resources.

© planetFigure 2003 - 2019.