1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

200mm 2nd Battalion Colour, Coldstream Guards, 2016

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MCPWilk, Apr 10, 2018.

1. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think this is now finished and although I keep coming across minor blemishes it's time to call a halt before I go cross-eyed!

Colour finished 1.jpg

Colour finished 2.jpg

Now all I have to do is work out how to display it with the Ensign for the Colour.

Mike
    anstontyke, Old Pete, Tom W. and 3 others like this.
  2. Graham A Fixture

England
    Good grief, I would be taken away for therapy if I had tried to do that...... excellent job.
    anstontyke likes this.
  3. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    At 1/9 scale the dimensions are as follows:
    Colour: 127 X 101.6 mm (6" X 4");
    Pike: 266mm;
    Finial: 17mm;
    Cords: 254 mm, doubled with tassels and
    Fringe: 5.64mm.

Once I had the dimensions for the Colour, I got the best photos I could find of the real thing and then scaled them to the desired size on a PC. The finial was made entirely from plasticard, including the trefoils and crosses, apart from the lion (Milliput and flattened solder wire for the tail) and the top of the hat within the crown (also Milliput).

Although I have only shown the left side of the Colour to display the cords and tassels, the other side is also painted similarly!

Mike
    anstontyke and mick3272 like this.
  4. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice work on this Mike.
    Hope to see it at the BMSS show on Saturday.
    Gordon
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I should be there. I hope you bring along the 1/9 medieval shields and weapons as well as a few Ensigns and Colours!!

Mike
    anstontyke likes this.
  6. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I should be there. I hope you bring along the 1/9 medieval shields and weapons as well as a few Ensigns and Colours!!

Mike