1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

2009 MFCA show photos and group picture

Discussion in 'Miniature Clubs' started by Mongo Mel, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi,
    I got back today from the 2009 MFCA show and wanted to share the photos I took. You can find them here .
    Look in the folder named "MFCA 2009 Show Photos".

As usual, I had a great time at the show. Always good to see my "twice a year" friends :)
    Here are the group photos we took....
    First, everyone that was able to make the website group photo...

[IMG]

Back row, left to right:
    Chris Hall, Joe Salkowitz, Wendy Rafalski, Al LaFleche, Walt Damon, Stephen Mallia, Robert Post, David Hood, John Gossage, Mark Yablon, Bill Weintraub

Front Row, left to right:
    Craig Whitaker (that's me, smuggling several bounds of cookie dough under my shirt), Steve Kirtley, Herb Forgey, Don Johnson, Brad James, Ron Harrison

I apologize to those of you whose name I don't know. Please, anyone can supply me with the missing names do so here and I'll add them to the list.

Also, there was a very interesting mural of a tropical rain forest on the one wall at the entrance. If you look real close, you may be able to see a few faces painted in it... :p

[IMG]

Actually, that's the group from New England....
    Pat Deluhery, Pete Dawson, Don Johnson, Walt Damon and Herb Forgey.

Finally, I'd like to apologize to those who missed the group photo. We had it scheduled for 10:00am but a few of the guys weren't at the show yet. So, I decided to postpone it until 11:00am to give them a chance to be in the photo. Well, as it turned out, there was a seminar scheduled for 11:00am. So we scrambled to get as many people we could into the shot.
    Poor planning all around on my part :(
    Maybe next time we'll try for an afternoon get together.
    Thanks to all the people that were able to make the picture.
    Craig
  2. moore Active Member

United-States
    Hey Craig,

Thanks for the picture.. it's always great to see it.
    I can ID one guy in the back row with his arms folded.. that is
    the one and only David Hood.

Great pics.. thanks again. Will see you next year at MFCA

Dee
  3. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi Dee,
    Missed getting to talk with you at the show this year.
    Thanks for the name, I'll add it in.
    Are you still planning to go to the APG show in Gettysburg in August?
    If so, I'll see you there too. And in case you didn't hear, MFCA is moving back to Valley Forge next year.
    Craig :)
  4. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Graig:

As always great seeing you and Jim. Always one of my show highlights, swapping lies with the two of you:)
    BTW, That is Steve Kirtley kneeling between you and Herb

Sorry I missed the pic
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Craig, great pics, for someone not able to get across the pond many thanks for showing.
    Cheers Ken
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks for posting the album Craig, I enjoyed viewing the slideshow :)

Roger.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks for the pictures Craig.
    Enjoying it very much.

marc
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Craig,

Top picture front row second from the left is Steve Kirtley from the UK.

Keith
  9. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Well, I missed the group picture, but I did get in on the "rain forest" shot. I'm the first one from the left.

Thanks, Craig, for organizing this. It was great to see you and all the gang. The show was great, and the figures were just amazing.

As for the shirts, we're just Parrott Heads. Our closet at the hotel looked like Jimmy Buffet threw up in it! :)
  10. Antlion Member

Canada
    Thanks for posting the [amazing] pictures, Craig...looks like it was a grand show! Back to the Forge, I hear - looks like a must on the 'travel' list!
  11. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks for the photos Craig, wish I had been at the show.Maybe next year as I always enjoyed the great hospitality I was shown in previous years.

Cheers David
  12. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Craig,
    Great photo's,
    Thanks
    John
  13. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hey Paul...good seeing you again too. I always enjoy spending time with you at the shows.
    Hey, I wasn't lying about that "business person" out front asking for you :)

Hi Pat, sorry for the confusion that caused you to miss the group photo. Let's hope it goes better next year.

For everyone else, I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures. While the quality is always there, this year the quantity of excellent pieces seemed much greater to me.

Craig
  14. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Update:
    I realized that not all of the photos I took got uploaded to my site. There are now something like 470+ pictures there.
    Just thought I'd let you all know :)
    Craig
  15. moore Active Member

United-States
    Hey Craig.

Yes.. I missed chatting with you and the guys from up North.. Al and Pat.. etc.

I heard MFCA is moving back to the old place. I did cross it off my list but
    now it is back on. So I will be there next year.

Gettysburg.. YES.. I will be there.. great.. you will be too.. we can catch up
    then. Looking forward to seeing you.

Take care
    Dee
  16. Kirtles Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Just throwing off the jet lag at the moment.
    I can fill in another blank - the guy 2nd from the right at back is Mark Yablon.

Had a great time at the show again this year. Looking forward to next year's already.

It was great to meet a lot of friends old & new.

Steve
  17. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Nice pics, Craig. Thanks for posting. :)

It was nice to catch up with everyone and to meet lots of new folks. It wasn't the same without you Dee. See you in Chicago...and bring your mini. :)
  18. Robert Jan de Wit PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
  19. DREY New Member

United-States
    robert, that was an italian by the name of riccardo ruberti that did all those african warriors.. they were amazing...
  20. Robert Jan de Wit PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Thanks Daniel!
    Has anyone more info on this modeller?

Thanks in advance.

greets
    RJ