1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

2009 Finished Figures

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by tonydawe, Nov 30, 2009.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Guys,

Here's what I've finished this year. As you can see, it's been another productive year at the Perth purple patch painting factory.

Attached Files:

Jamie Stokes and Marcel like this.
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Outstanding stuff, Tony! All of them are excellent, but my favs are the stretcher bearer and the kilted soldier.

All the best,
    Dan
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    It's been a pretty good year then Tony? Good stuff mate. It's difficult to choose but my favourite is the stretcher bearer. Which one's yours?

Roger.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    It has been a good year, so far.
    Tony.
  5. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    WOW! you have been working hard this year Tony, that is a lot of pieces for one year and all looking very nice indeed(y)
    Cheers
    Tommi
  6. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    very nice indeed!

i'm sure i saw that last one at Euro :) superb!

Mark
  7. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    All figures are excellent Tony, my favourites are Alexander ,the roman standar bearer and the kilt soldier

cheers

stefano
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    All of them are fabulous.
    Is the stretcher bearer a conversion from the Lewis Gunner ??

Marc
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks very much for your kind comments guys,

Marc, the Stretcher Bearer is a coversion from a Masters In Miniature Lewis Gunner figure made by Phil Walden.

Mark, this large Naked Army figure wasn't the one I took to Euro. I wish it was, it's much better than the one I did take. I just couldn't get this one to fit in a box that would allow me to transport it safely.

Roger, the only scratchbuilt figure in this group is the bust of Lt Gen John Monash. The rest are either conversions or straight OOB.
  10. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Cracking figures Tony.I can smell that stretcher bearer from here.You should be well chuffed with them all.I was checking out a close up of the Aussie's SLR and it brought back fond memories.A real man stopper weapon!!!!
    Brian
  11. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Tony, beautiful work

Wow Tony:

Just beautiful work. I noticed particularly the way you do what I call the five
    o'clock shadow. A soldier needing a shave, or several days of beard growth.

I believe your technique for that is the best I've seen so far. Really well done
    and definitely creates that illusive "illusion of reality" as I like to call it.
    (y) (y) (y) (y)
  12. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Geez, Tony don't think I have finished that many figures ever, let alone in one year and with that quality.
  13. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    What a great year you have had Tony, lots of figures to be proud of.

Cheers David
  14. Mark S Guest

Tony,
    You've completed an excellent body of work of exceptional quality this year.
    Well done.
    I'm amazed not only that you completed so many figures but you also managed to fit in a trip to Euro Militaire in there as well.
    It's also been great to see the advances in the quality of your work over this year in particular.
    Cheers and thanks from an appreciative on-looker!!
  15. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Brian, Rick, Matthew, David and Mark,

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate your comments.
  16. MikkoH Member

Finland
    Looking great Tony! You have been very busy my friend.:)
  17. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Mikko,

It's been a very productive 12 months and 2009 isn't over yet mate. I still have three figures on the workbench,one of which may be finished before New Year's Eve.

I must admit I'm running out of steam now. The weather is getting very hot here in Perth, and it makes it difficult to paint. The acrylics dry before they leave the brush. I can only paint at night when its cool enough.
  18. MikkoH Member

Finland
    Sounds annoying.:( Well you can always move here up north. It's -6 celsius at moment and little snow. It's even colder next week. Looks like we are getting white christmas this year.:D
  19. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    that is some nice work there Tony!
  20. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Hi Tony,

Great work my friend!!! Well done mate!!

And you took a couple of months out meeting us in Europe!! A great pleasure it was too mate!!

Carl