1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

200 mm Cavalry Bust

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by AJLaFleche, Mar 6, 2010.

1. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

Here is Verlinden’s 200mm US Cavalry bust. The kit comes in 4 parts: base, hat, head and torso> I replaced the base with a stained wooded candle holder. He is painted in acrylics. It appears to me the hat doesn’t fit quite right on the head and could have been a little larger.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Al, did you pick this up at Atlanta? Was this the $5 one in the bargain box at one of the tables? If it is, you beat me to it! I went back to get it but it was gone. Over all I think you did a fine job. I have to ask though, it looks like there is some crazing, or light colored deposits of some sort (light colored stains in the creases). Did you use dull coat when you were done?

Jay H.
  3. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

Jay, good call on the residue. Yes, I did use Dullcoat and had a bad reaction. Quite rare for me. I stopped seeing it after attempting some preliminary corrections. I made some touch ups. Thanks.
    I wasn't at Atlanta so I am not guilty of bottom fishing that away form you. I honestly don't remember where or when I bought it.
    Al