1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

2 WW1 German Vignettes In The Making

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Feb 8, 2008.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :) !
    Well, I know I haven't been posting stuff in quite a bit, so I thought that I'll redeem myself now. I haven't had time to do any groundwork yet, but I thought I'd show you all what I've sculpted so far. The first set is tentatively entitled " Puppy Therapy " and the second " Shakespeare In The Trenches ". As usual, Hornet heads and hands were used. The bare foot is from Historex and so is the adult dog (with some putty modification). The Lewis gun is from one of our talented pF members Will (thanks, Will :p). Details for the Lewis ammo carriers came courtesy of Dan Morton (thanks Dan :D). The skull came from Calibre35 and the boots were either scratch-built or from my spares box. The magpie is a modified resin casting from Julius Models. Everything else is scratch-built or sculpted, inclusive of the 2 puppies and trench periscope. For "fun", I gave each of the troopers a Edelweiss cap badge (sculpted, of course :eek: !) I plan to have them situated either in a well-used trench-work or a rear area rest zone. As always, thanks for looking. Cheers !
    Kenneth ;).

First up : "Puppy Therapy"

Attached Files:

2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Next : "Shakespeare In The Trenches"

Attached Files:

3. Doberdob Active Member

What a lovely vignettes, Kenneth:) You put a lot of work in them.I like the stories they are telling.Very inspiring.Looking forward to see them finished.

Cheers
    Primoz
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good work Kenneth.
    But overall the figure's look a bit rough. You gonna sanding them smooth ????

Marc
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Kenneth - these are both just superb! Great stories! You have a tremendous gift for making not miniature soldiers, but miniature human beings - with warmth, empathy and delightful humor. Thank you for reminding us that the men pictured are / were men like us.

All the best,
    Dan
  6. georges64 Member

France
    Hi Kenneth,
    I'm happy to see again great stuff from you:). So long time...
    Very inspiring, super, it will be a great vignettes my friend !
    Cheers,
    georges.
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks Primoz !

Hi Primoz !
    Thank you very much, my friend; I'm really glad you like them so far :D. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks Marc !

Hi Marc !
    Thank you very much for the encouragement :p ! Yes, I'll smooth them up a bit before I paint them. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks Dan !

Dan, my friend, thank you very much for the wonderful comments ;) ! Your work on the "planet" has inspired me no end when it comes to my creating my WW1 miniatures. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks Georges !

Hi Georges !
    Thank you very much, my friend ;) ! I'm glad that you like the concept presented so far. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  11. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    I like the unusal scene of both of the vignettes, great, well done Kenneth.Idea: you don't have to sculp tiny little things, mix talc with oil paint or Humbroll (Revell...) and a lick of varnish as medium if necessary. Dip with a fine pointed pensil and 'lay' down the paint.
  12. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    I like the scenes, great work and great ideas. Well done Kenneth.Idea: you don't have to sculp tiny details. Mix oil paint or Humbroll( Revell...) with talc (for baby's) and a dip of clear varnish if necessary. Dip with a fine pensil and 'lay' down the mass as gentle as can be.
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks Roger !

Hi Roger !
    Thanks for the tip on using talc with paint for adding fine details to the figures. I'll definitely keep it in mind. I'm glad you like the figures so far ;). Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work as always Kenneth. I look forward to seeing them come alive.
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks Guy !

Hi Guy !
    Thank you very much, my friend :D ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  16. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Kenneth,

Superb vignettes mate. I particularly like Shakespeare in the Trench. If I was to have a guess, I can imagine him reciting those famous lines "Alas poor Yorick, I knew him well."

Great work and very inspiring.

Cheers
  17. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Kenneth,

Looks like you made good use of the Chinese New Year Hols period!
    Very nice vignettes and great sculpting as usual.

Rgds Victor
  18. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks Tony !

Hi Tony ;) !
    Spot on, mate; those were exactly the lines I had running through my mind as I posed the figure :D ! Thanks for the encouragement and I hope to be able to show some groundwork to go with the vignettes soon. Cheers !
    Kenneth :).
  19. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks Victor !

Victor my friend, thank you very much :p ! I meant to show you the 2nd German figure with the skull in the "flesh" prior to the Chinese New Year holidays, but one thing or another sort of prevented me from doing so :(. Never mind, perhaps we can get together soon to "chin wag", eh ? Cheers !
    Kenneth :).
  20. Bascule New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kenneth

Been out of the loop for a while so only just seen this post, any chance of an update? I'd love to see these sets finished. It's the first of my Lewis guns I've seen used yet too, so that makes it even more interesting for me :)

Both look like very characterful scenes, good work!

Will