1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

2 new animal species and Cyber Monday discount

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by miniNature, Nov 29, 2020.

1. miniNature Active Member

Netherlands
    Hi all, I released 2 more new species on my site.:)

First of them, just in time for Christmas, 8 reindeer models. So Santa can visit us this year.;) All of them have unique antlers and poses.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Some of them close up:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

And I also have a male Sitatunga. I love how unique the hooves are of this species. They life in the marshes of Africa and with this shape, they don’t sink in the mud.:D
    [IMG]

Also good to know for everyone who thinks about ordering some models. Shapeways is offering a Cyber Monday discount of 10%, so from 12:01am EST this whole Monday, you can use the discount code CYBER2020. When you see a model in my shop that isn’t yet available in the scale you’re looking for; feel free to send me a message and I’ll try to upload it within this discount period.:) https://www.shapeways.com/shops/mininature
  2. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks for the tip on the discount code. I’ll be placing an order tomorrow for sure!
    -Gerald
    miniNature likes this.
  3. Stepa Member

New_Zealand
    well done figures.

many of these would work well in dioramas.

any thoughts of creating animals suitable for ancient or medieval times? Hunting dogs? Cats? Hunting hawks? For around camp scenes or hunting?
    miniNature and DaddyO like this.
  4. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    Rudolph,the red nose reindeer…….(y)
    Phantastic!
    miniNature likes this.
  5. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just need the sleigh and the bearded man in the red coat!

Mike
    miniNature likes this.
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many years ago, as part of a group led by an "expert local guide", an animal-mad 14 year old (me) spent several hours trekking through Scotland's Cairngorms in the howling wind and driving rain in search of the resident reindeer herd .... to no avail. Not a single one was to be seen. Eventually the "expert local guide" told us all to stay put while he went off ahead blowing his reindeer horn to drive them down back towards us. We watched as he became an increasingly small speck slowly vanishing into the distance before the hills eventually swallowed him up.

We hung around for a bit until, the weather being as miserable as it was and all of us wet through, we decided to give it up as a bad job and headed back down off the hills .... only to find the reindeer herd all happily mooching around in the car park. We never did see the "expert local guide" again. For all I know he could still be wandering the hills blowing his horn in search of his reindeer.

True story. Which this announcement reminded me of. As with all your animals these look absolutely fantastic and extremely realistic. I can feel a "Scottish highlands car park" diorama coming on, if I can find some Ford Cortinas, Hillman Avengers and Morris Marinas in the right scale.

- Steve
    Airkid, Capt. Warren, Tommi and 6 others like this.
  7. eddie_C96 Member

Nice,
    What is the reindeer actual sizes in 1/72 and 1/87?
    miniNature likes this.
  8. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Now that is pretty down right COOL! What a trip, who'd a thunk it.
    miniNature likes this.
  9. miniNature Active Member

Netherlands
    Thank you guys!:D

I'm planning to do those species for sure. I'm a bit all over the place when working on different models, but I think hunting dogs will be something that I'll add soonest. But first at the moment I'm working on a river crossing scene of wildebeests and crocodiles.

Haha, that's a great story! Would love to see that as a diorama, with one guy lost in the hills, chased by some highland cattle with the horn in his hand. :p

Thanks Eddie! The 1/1 size of these deer vary between 115 cm and 102 cm at the shoulder. So for the 1/72 they are between 16 and 14,2 mm and the 1/87 between 13,2 and 11,7 mm.
  10. Stepa Member

New_Zealand
    I look forward to your creative work developing and wish you every success.

One suggestion for you. These figures do come to life with a talented painter.

a display with some of them painted to a high standard would do wonders for your sales and marketing.

there are numerous such talented painters on this forum in case you are better at modelling than painting.

as suggested above a painted Xmas theme would be perfect.

Thanks for posting.
    miniNature likes this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Thanks for sharing the very seasonal release but of course very useful for diorama or just as a display puece(s)

Sculpting looks excellent and it's nice to see something different

Agree with Stephen ....would like to see painted versions

Thanks for sharing

Happy releasing

Nap
    miniNature likes this.
  12. miniNature Active Member

Netherlands
    Thank you guys!:D

Yes, that's a great advice. I'm not a good painter at all, but have seen some work of talented artists on my models and they brought them to life. Love to see that. I plan to do some collabs in the future. A sort of problem with me is that I just like to do the whole designing part more than the business kind of things, so keep it more as a relaxing leisure next to my day job. But in the end of course is always nice to reach a broader audience with your work. :)
    Airkid likes this.
  13. miniNature Active Member

Netherlands
    For everyone who's interested, I saw Shapeways has a new promo code at the moment for Presidents' Day:

Use promo code Prezz2021 to GET 15% OFF* during our Presidents’ Day Sale (with minimum purchase of $120 USD)
    *Promo code Prezz2021 is good for 15% off on your next order of at least $120 USD before taxes and VAT. Code expires on February 15, 2021 at 11:59pm PST.

At the moment I'm uploading a new batch of models; I'm afraid not all of them are uploaded before the promo code expires, but for the deep divers on my Shapeways page, they can find already some of the new models. Soon I'll come back here with an overview when they all are available.
    balder and Nap like this.
  14. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks for the tip! I’ve noticed some new zebras and wildebeest I think. I think I’ll be placing an order.
    -Gerald
    miniNature likes this.
  15. miniNature Active Member

Netherlands

You're right Gerald. I had these zebras in the same poses before, and also the 2 standing wildebeests, but wasn't happy with the models anymore, so those are updated models :D