2ème R.E.P. Zaire 1978

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jehan17, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Jehan17 Member

Canada
    Hello guys,

Been a while since my last post. Her's a little something I'm presently working on. It's the French Legionaire In Kolwezie, Zaire 1978 by Metal Modeles.

Guys in my local group will recongnise this as it is a figure that I have used time and again to make painting demonstration, the odd size of this series is large enough for everyone to have a good view but small enough to paint in one session. Over the last few years it must have been painted four or five times, both in oils and acrylics. I've now decided to put a final coat on this guy.

Face is painted in oils and, other then a few corrections mostly finished. The beret and vest have Games workshop Scaly Green and Bleach Bone bases respectively. I've now spent three nights working on the camo pattern which I think, correctme if I'm wrong, was specific to the legion at that time. The grenn in a mix of GWCatachan Green and a dash of Scaly Green while the brown is mainly bestial brown.

The beret and webing are just base coats. Somehow the images make the beret look blue but I assure you it is green:D

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  2. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Nicely done. I`ve always thought these older, smaller busts by MM were great sculpts and interesting subjects. Looks like good teaching tools as well...:)
    RL.
  3. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Jean,
    Nicely done so far.
    Cheers
    John
  4. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    This is super Jean, like your attention to the camo used by 2rep - very good and will be nice to see completed. Thanjs for sharing. RobH.(y)
  5. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Where can one find this bust?

Where can one find this bust? I would like to paint one of these bad mamma jamma's
    Mrosko
  6. Jehan17 Member

Canada
    Thanks for the comments guys. I'm making more progress and refining the camo as I go. Should have some pictures by the weekend.

Panzer:I found mine in a barging bin for $10.00 at the Long Island show a few years back but you should still be able to order them from Metal Modeles as they are still in the catalogue.

http://www.metal-modeles.com/categorie_Figurines-de-Collections-Soldats-de-Plombs-Napoleon-1er-Empire_fr_catalogue_ok_25_Bustes.html

A quick check for the Red Lancer site shows all but the first one listed.

I'm also thinking of getting the rest of the series. Realy liked them.
  7. Jehan17 Member

Canada
    A bit of progress on this figure. I've completed the camo but I'll still need to shade and highlight it. The beret has received an initial coat of oils and, same as the face, I'll come back for final corrections. Equipment straps are on a base coat. Hope you like it.

Attached Files:

8. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The camo is superb, as is the rest.
    Carl.

Chris, Historex have this in stock for $46+P&P.
  9. Jehan17 Member

Canada
    Well this one is almost finished. Played some more with the face and finished the eyes. I can still add some work to the base pedestal in terms of highlighting and soem drybrush. I'll post a final time one once everyting is done.(with better pictures)

Attached Files:

10. Jehan17 Member

Canada
    Finished Legionaire

After some comments from friends regarding the chalky highlights I made some corrections. What do you think?

Attached Files: