1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1st Pegaso international Workshop

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by custer760, Dec 1, 2008.

1. custer760 Well-Known Member

Just got back from the Pegaso figure workshop and ....Man was it good !!!!!!!
    I just want to thank all of the organisers for a tremendous 5 days Massimo,Pietro,Diego and Emiliano for having so much patience in teaching us all the tricksand of course all of the guys who attended we had a great time.The Hotel accomodation and food and drink was absolutely fantastic and you wouldnt believe the table packed with the best painted figures from some of the best artists in the world.Also we visited the Pegaso Factory where we got the latest releases and also saw the secret new releases for 2008 and 2009 (wait till you see the new releases)We also visited Luca and had a guided tour of his Palace !!!!
    Just imagine a top class hotel in a fantastic location,the best menus 3 or 4 course menus for lunch with wine and coffe included, 4 course menus for dinner also with as much wine as one wished, a breakfast buffet every morning ,and painting an exclusive 75mm figure being assisted by the some of the worlds greatest what more can one ask for (I also took home Pietros painted demonstration peice....I just asked him if I could have it and he said...Put it in your case !!!!).
    The only dark cloud over the event was the fact that Leigh from Australia was stranded in Thailand....I only hope he got out by now.....Leigh could you please let us all know ???
    I can really really recommend this event to anyone seriously interested in this great hobby of ours.As far as I know there will be another in 2010 and I certainly will be attending....Cant wait !!!! Only 730 days to go !!!!
    Also my thanks to all the other guys who attended....I havent laughed so much for ages.
    Regards
    Pete
  2. Franco Active Member

Australia
    Hi Pete,

I know that Leigh is having computer problems at the moment and am sure he will post once he is on line.

I was in regular touch with him whilst in Thailand and all I can say is that Leigh is back safe n sound in Australia but what a blow to him.

I am really sad for him to miss this event as he is such a top bloke.

Ciao for now
    Franco
  3. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Glad to hear about Leigh!!

I only heard of Leigh via this site, but glad to hear he's made it home safe.

While missing the event is a disappointment for him, no doubt, I guess having him home is the best gift for him and his family this year.

Cheers to Leigh, and family
  4. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Hi guys,

Well it was certainly a hell of a week, as you know I got stuck in Thailand.
    I was suppossed to be there for 2 hours to change planes but it ended up being 4 days by the time I was able to get flight back to Australia which was an effort in itself. By that time there was no point in continuing.
    Anyway I'm pleased the workshop went well and perhaps I'll have another go at it next time.

Leigh
  5. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Hey Leigh,

That sucks! Hope you didn't lose too much $$$ on hotel bookings and of course the workshop booking.

Rudi
  6. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    What a frustration that must have been for you, Leigh!
    You have my symphaties.

Cheers
  7. schley Active Member

Ireland
    Hi all

I Just want to mirror the sentiments already expressed about this 1st International Pegaso workshop. This was an excellent opportunity to learn from some of the hobbies greatest painters.

The cost of the workshop ran at €550 which included accomodation and food then there was more food and oh yes wine!

I thoroughly enjoyed not only the workshop but also the welcome given by the hosts which went far beyond what you would expect.

Most importantly my painting skills have developed more on this weekend than in all the previous years combined.

Following a group demonstration it was almost one on one tuition with the choice of painting in Oils or Acrylics or both if you decided to rotate between demonstrators.

My most sincere thanks to Pietro Balloni, Massimo Pasquali, Diego Ruina and Emiliano Iocobacci for their time and effort and to Luca .
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Well guys have said it all and i am very happy to hear thet Leigh is back home, safe, even if he missed this one. There will be many other Pegaso organisations in the future, be sure.

As it has been said the Workshop organisation was totally professional but always flavored with the Pegaso family sense of relations .

Receiving at airport, Hotel, rooms, food, site touring , Friday night surprise dinner, painting lessons , beer and wine talks late at night , and all the million jokes with 4 of the best hosting persons named Pietro, Emiliano, Massimo , and Diego, concluded to the perfect experience that was really unbelievably "rich " compared to the all inclusive price we had to pay in euros.

I was also really happy to meet face to face not only new friends, but only guys like Jack and Pete that i knew for quite a time , through internet , but not live .

Then i must also THANK A LOT , Franco , for his unbelievable rally racing to get us at the airport on time at Sunday afternoon, despite the unbelievable road situations that happened.

Be sure not to loose the next one guys.

I am preparing a detailed reportage with many pictures and dessus , and will announce when is ready

best REGARDS

costas
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looking forward to the reportage Costas.
    I'm sure i'll be there next time.

Marc
  10. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    looks fun, any pics??
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    will show soon guys pictures
  12. Merkava Active Member

France
    Hi all,
    Is there anyone who knows if Pegaso international workshops will be organized in 2010 or 2011 ? I sent them an email about this matter but I have not received any answers.
    Cheers
  13. Koffing Active Member

Italy
    Hi,
    We are just preparing the second edition of International Workshop, organized by "The Wheel of Time" Association togheter with "Pegaso Models".
    The date will be decided in the next days...but fur sure will be at the end of November 2010.
    In not more than a week we'll give notice of it...
    stay tuned!!(y)
    Massimo Pasquali
  14. Merkava Active Member

France
    Great ! :p
    Thanks !
  15. Merkava Active Member

France
    Hi !
    Do you have some news about this event ?
    Cheers
  16. Koffing Active Member

Italy
    We have definitely choose the dates of the second edition of International Painting Workshop.
    The workshop will start on 25 until 28 of november 2010, in a beautiful place near Siena: Borgo del Barigianino (www.barigianino.com)
    In next days (sorry for the delay...but a lot of people are out for holidays:D) we'll publish the complete programme of the course.
    Massimo
  17. Merkava Active Member

France
    Thank you very much :). I look forward to hearing more from you soon ! ;)
  18. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Oh man that is a holiday in America. I wonder if I could skip thanksgiving this year,hmm might be a good excuse to get away. I'll keep watching for more details, I would love to attend.
  19. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Hey Mike,

I was thinking the same thing. Italy is nice in November! This could be a very cool trip!
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I'll be just 60 km from Sienna next two weeks. Can you give it then??
    I defintely sign in then...(y)
    BTW: are there some good figurestores in the neighberhood of Piombino.
    200 km drive from there is no problem....