1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1st Foot Scots Guards (Waterloo)

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by terry35, Jul 2, 2008.

1. terry35 New Member

Ireland
    Hello Terry here, Just new to the site.
    I am currently trying to paint an Ensign from the above mentioned regiment. I am having trouble with the coat turnbacks, on the box art they appear blue but in the instructions they are called out as white, what gives?
    Can anybody confirm the colour? Please.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Terry Burke.

P.s, I can paint around my disputed territories while I wait,:rolleyes:
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Welcome Terry.
    The title of your thread is a bit confusing. Do you want info on 1st Foot Royal Scots, I think you've mistakenly added Guards to their title.
    In the meantime I'll have a look for you.

Roger
  3. Sam junior New Member

United-States
    Hi Terry, Just wanted to thank you for the pointers you posted to my search for help. I will look out for the shop you mentioned, but have found Historex agents on the web and like some of their stuff.
  4. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Terry,

All of the references I have show the coat turn backs of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Foot Guards as white. The same applies to the line infantry regiments including the 1st Foot (Royal Scots)

Cheers
    Chris
  5. terry35 New Member

Ireland
    Chris and Roger, thank you very much for your replies, I believe I will go with the suggestion of White, as I was talking to a friend who said the same.
    Sorry for taking so long to get back with a post. My computer has been a little sick over the last two weeks.

Regards,

Terry.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Terry,
    I've also been looking and everything I found said white too.

Roger
  7. terry35 New Member

Ireland
    Thanks again Roger, I have borrowed some old books on uniforms of waterloo and white seems to be the answer.

Thank you for replying.

Regards,

Terry.