1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1st Duke of Yorks Bengal Lancers 1900c

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Belcher, Apr 3, 2005.

1. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Guys,. I was drawn to the figure mainly because of the great yellow tunic and I love the uniforms in general of this period.I dont know if this figure is still available but I see the re release of some of the Roll Call figures under The Lost Battalion,and may this could be a future release.Kind regards John :)
    [IMG]
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, looks like a nice figure, can you post some close ups?

Cheers

Roc. :)
  3. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ditto. Looks great even on such a small picture. I fancy having a go at this one myself if it's available out there.
  4. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    [IMG]
    Hi Guys,First picture seems to have reduced in size since I first posted it.Posted it from another image host.Hope this one looks better.kind regards John ;)
  5. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
  6. y_wong New Member

Dear John,

Very well painted. It's a beauty.

regards :)
  7. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi John,
    A nice paint job indeed. This is an attractive figure. That color yellow is quite a draw.
    Pete
  8. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Hello John,

If it is available i wanted to have one for my own. I like it very much.
    Your yellow is so nice, please give some details.
    You did an amazing beuatifull paintjob.

Marc
  9. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    That looks great, John. Your photography certainly complements it!
  10. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Very very nice John. The yellow is a real eye catcher. Oils or acrylics? And if oils what combinations?

John
  11. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Guys,Thanks for the comments on my figure.
    John the yellow tunic was painted in acrylics as was the rest of the figure.All the gold and silver parts were painted in printers inks and shaded with various humbrol mixers.Regards John :)
  12. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow very nice figure. And the yellow tinic looks very good. I too like that era also. You did an outstanding job. I hope LB does release this one. Brock
  13. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    This is just great John. I am a big fan of British and Indian army figures. Makes me want to give this one a try (y)

Keith
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have gone through the painting forum and moved John's threads to his vbench so we all can find them easier.