1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 1914 Poilu

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by WarhammerAdjacent, Jan 18, 2023.

1. WarhammerAdjacent Well-Known Member

Hi all, currently working on this figure from the (I believe defunct) fusilier miniatures. I’ve enjoyed the head, the face is nice and that moustache, wow! I’m struggling with the hair, any tips on convincing brown hair most welcome.

IMG_6779.JPG IMG_6781.JPG IMG_6780.JPG
    Billy Dickinson, MCPWilk, Nap and 3 others like this.
  2. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Nice bust, great start.. Im no expert, but I would suggest a mid brown base, followed by a dark brown wash, then a slightly lighter brown for highlights...
    WarhammerAdjacent likes this.
  3. WarhammerAdjacent Well-Known Member

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking. I got the bits together today, it felt like the right time rather than risk damaging the paint later.

F3012945-9E06-40BB-8E52-5E2216459F19.jpeg 55D3763D-CBBC-42CF-A883-D020F83F9AF9.jpeg 5B09DCB3-E02D-4732-AD50-6415D202F66F.jpeg
    NigelR, Redcap, m@rp and 2 others like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Stefan

That's a nice bust , certainly a old release , good sculpt , liking the way this is moving on , thefleshworks looking good , possibly highlight the hair strands a little more .....maybe with a ochre , I'd use a umber wash as well

The rest looks to be going well so enjoy it

Personally I build as much as possible including base up before priming and. Basecoating

Following with interest

Happy benchtime

Nap
  5. WarhammerAdjacent Well-Known Member

Thanks Nap, that's a really good point about building up! I think because I've mostly worked in small scales where it makes sense to keep heads and so on separate it didn't occur to me that it probably wasn't necessary on a bust.

I think you're right on the highlights, I'll have a play.

Thanks again.
    Nap likes this.