1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique 1914 French Chasseur au Cheval

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dan Morton, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Ok - so it's about 90% now. I have lots of belts and straps and a few uniform doo-dads to add. I think the M1874 shako looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.

In a couple of the photos the proportions and alignment of some things look a little wierd.

1/16th scale - the head and hands are Verlinden. The M1882 sword was originally a modified Napoleonic sword from a kit - don't recall which. I think I picked it up at MMSI a few years ago. The carbine is a Mannlicher-Berthier 1890 and came from a Jimmy Flintstone kit. I still need to clean the carbine up a little more and change the way the sling is attached. The horse is from a Verlinden kit.

I'm trying a new way to make a horse tail. Pretty simple idea actually - attach the putty to a wire armature and use sharp nail scissors to clip it apart and arrange it so that it flows properly and is spread out in a more 3D manner. Then go back and build up the tail in layers. We'll see if it works.

Feedback welcomed! Hope you like it!

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      200.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      193.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      195.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      191.1 KB
      Views:
    BillW, tbolt7, Edorta and 6 others like this.
  2. Dr Force Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Very good Dan. Everything looks so natural and well thought out. It looks superb now without any paint on it so look forward to seeing it completed(y)
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Many thanks!

I'd be interested to hear from anybody that has tried the scissors on tail hair trick before. :coffee:

All the best,
    Dan