1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

18th Century Noble Lady - 1:10 Bust

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by storm_zh, Jan 17, 2018.

1. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Hi PF friends,

I would like to share the pictures of my new painting work here - 18th Century Noble Lady. Actually, I started painting this bust a few months ago and just have time to finish it recently.

It is a 1:10 bust from Broken Toad. The sculpting (3D) and casting are of very good quality. You can find a fantastic open box review from one of Kevin's previous posts at http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/alas-from-broken-toad.79639/

I used a relatively cold color tones for the atmosphere I was looking for. If time allows in the future, I may also try to paint another version with a totally different freehand pattern and using warmer tones. Again, a lot of possibilities in painting and a great model for practicing painting female skin tones, freehand drawing, hair volume and etc.

Hope you like it. As always, any feedback, comments or questions are truly welcome.
    18th Century Noble Lady by Jason Zhou 01.jpg 18th Century Noble Lady by Jason Zhou 02.jpg 18th Century Noble Lady by Jason Zhou 03.jpg 18th Century Noble Lady by Jason Zhou 04.jpg 18th Century Noble Lady by Jason Zhou 05.jpg 18th Century Noble Lady by Jason Zhou 06.jpg 18th Century Noble Lady by Jason Zhou 07.jpg 18th Century Noble Lady by Jason Zhou 08.jpg 18th Century Noble Lady by Jason Zhou 09.jpg 18th Century Noble Lady by Jason Zhou 10.jpg
  2. Nicolaos Well-Known Member

Really pure art, warm congrats for this wonderful work and for sharing it with us!
    Great start for 2018!
    Nicolae
    storm_zh, Perseas and Oda like this.
  3. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Wow, that is perfection Jason!

All aspects of this are just beautiful work.

Brilliant!

Cheer’s,
    Jeff.
    storm_zh likes this.
  4. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Everything about this one is perfect.
    storm_zh and Perseas like this.
  5. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Superb!!!
    storm_zh likes this.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Impressive work.

Marc
    storm_zh likes this.
  7. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    Fantastic work, I particularly like the hand.

Scotty.
    storm_zh likes this.
  8. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

That’s superb...
    storm_zh likes this.
  9. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic
    storm_zh likes this.
  10. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Wow, the bust is fantastic Jason! I like everything about it, but what really catches my interest is the hair. The shadows and highlights are just beautiful. (y)

Cheers,
    Ken
    storm_zh likes this.
  11. Oda A Fixture

Female complexion is notoriously difficult to achieve.A lot of contrast turns HER into HIM,too little of contrast turns her into UNPAINTED!The chromatic balance and persuasive contrast in your work is so successful that one's attention departs from examining wether you managed to represent female skin or not and instead is focused on the story that this 3D painting is telling.That of course is an attribute of a true work of art and that's exactly what this bust is!

Oda.
    storm_zh, Perseas and KenBoyle like this.
  12. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent. I would like to especially commend you on the painting of the hand and fingers! Wow!
    storm_zh and Oda like this.
  13. ErGide72 A Fixture

Netherlands
    Wow! This is absolutly WOW! Her hair, eyes, lips, skin, fingers and nails, her dress; WOW!

Really WOW!

Erik
  14. Roland Meng Active Member

Hungary
    AMAZING!!!!! I really love it, the eyes, the skin, and the flower patterns it stunning!

Roland
    storm_zh likes this.
  15. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Super paint job all around but I find the hair to be magnificent.........

Wayne
  16. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stunning piece of high class artistry.

Mike
    storm_zh, Oda and Perseas like this.
  17. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent piece ,great paint work

Mobo
  18. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Excellent
    storm_zh likes this.
  19. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    The definition of perfection!
    Congratulations once more Jason!!!
  20. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Always liked this bust but seeing your painted version has blown my mind, every part of it has been painted with exceptional skill, a masterpiece.
    TERRY
    storm_zh likes this.