1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1879 Miniatures G'Day mate! The A.N.Z.A.C. Roo

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Richie, Aug 18, 2015.

1. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Think a second ear would take away from his cavalier attitude.....
    napoleonpeart, Richie and Gaudin like this.
  2. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Precisely, Ron. He is a cool dude and it is not a baseball cap.
    Richie likes this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    This is just excellent, well done to all involved. Hope you do well with this Richie and I have a feeling it will, I can see a few of these heading into the southern hemisphere without a doubt.
    Richie likes this.
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roger,
    Thanks mate, he is rather quirky. By the Southern Hemisphere to you mean south of Leeds?;)
    cheers
    Richie
    Gaudin likes this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Yes I think a lot of people south of Leeds will like it... but it is a strange uncharted land for us down there so who knows??? :D
    Richie likes this.
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great idea, very original. Love it!

- Steve
    Richie likes this.
  7. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Excellent piece Richie...just don't mention the cricket.
    Richie likes this.
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    Thanks mate glad you like him.

Hi Rich,
    Thanks mate, as for the other :censored:. But this is an ANZAC bust, so does that means we can mention the All Blacks drubbing of the Wallabies in the rugby:D .
    cheers
    Richie
  9. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Nah! Sorry guy's, but I've checked it out and the southern hemisphere starts well to the south of land's end :cry:. Probably somewhere down around France :(:(:).
  10. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Crikey :wideyed:(y):cool::)!!

Joe
    Richie likes this.
  11. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Joe,
    Thanks mate, glad you like him(y).
    I have attached a few Roo pictures for reference and to show just some of the vast variations in colours and markings. The character in these animals is something else, the other thing is the attitude. Everyone portrays this laid back but assured attitude........Yeah, that's right mate, I'm a Roo, want to make something of it!:LOL:
    cheers
    Richie
    7614091254_e5d4eacc65_z [1954].jpg ANZAC Roo eyes.png AUS-02-12-00501 [1955].jpg dd43302e538b9fe5a252ed99f7197dab [1950].jpg kangaroo [1957].jpg kangaroo.jpg kangaroo-red-male-close-up-of-head [1953].jpg male_kangaroo_standing_by_bumble1020-d3lfz0k [1956].jpg photogenic-kangaroo [1952].jpg sleeping_kangaroo [1951].jpg World_Australia_Red_kangaroo_007495_ [1958].jpg
    Anzac1915 and napoleonpeart like this.
  12. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Joking aside Richie, there's a whole interesting area of how fighting forces become associated with animals. We've seen your 'roo, which is a symbolic connection, and your Zulu War terrier who was at the battle just because his owner was (I have visions of him trying to bite some big Zulu in the ankle). The Russians have their bear, the Yanks their eagle and the French their fighting cockerel. More caricature potential there. Various other animals crop up in military history and acquire legendary status for devotion to their masters: one thinks of Simpson's donkey at Gallipoli, for instance. A whole fertile area largely unexplored and recognised.
    Richie likes this.
  13. Helm A Fixture

England
    Nice one cobber (y)
    Steve
    Richie likes this.
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Wojtek the bear comes to mind for an interesting subject.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(bear)
    Gaudin likes this.
  15. Mark S Guest

Great piece Richie, Dimitry has really captured a real bad-arse attitude on this character.
    And he's right about the ears they can be positioned anywhere you reckon they look right because they swivel all round.
    I reckon it would look best painted as the massive desert red kangroo rather than the eastern grey kangaroo.There's much more of an interesting facial pattern on the big red.
    Well done and good luck with it....cheers.
    tonydawe, garyhiggins and Richie like this.
  16. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rich,
    I could not agree more with your sentiments and I know a certain sculptor who is jumping around like a roo with a pouch full of ideas.

Hi Steve,
    Thanks cobber;)

Hi Mark,
    Thanks mate, well I look forward to seeing your version as a big desert red kangaroo.
    cheers
    Richie
  17. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff. Very original sculpt.
    Gordon
    Richie likes this.
  18. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have liked this since I first saw it . You knocked this out of the park . Will order 1 soon. Great piece. Am I right to think this would be $45 converted to USA money?
    Richie likes this.
  19. Mark S Guest

I think it would be more like $62.00USD at the moment, Rob....that includes postage of course.
    Richie likes this.
  20. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gordon,
    Thanks mate(y).

Hi Rob,
    Thanks mate, glad you like him. Mark has answered your question.

Hi Mark,
    Thanks mate for the financial intervention, I posted your Roo yesterday.
    cheers
    Richie