1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed "1821" Hellene Revolutionary Captain

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Christosjager, May 31, 2010.

1. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Hello again,
    I just finished this fantastic bust and I share some pictures, I hope that I will see the same bust painted and posted for some of you ;)
    Carl Reid create an excellent bust and I enjoy it very much.
    Best regards to all of you, Christos.

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Awesome flesh tones, brading etc. I think this will turn out stunning.
    Carl.
  3. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Absolutely stunning Christos.
    Brian
  4. ChrisP Active Member

Greece
    Nice effort Christos, but i think the contrast on the cheekbones is to strong.
  5. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Christos, your work is fantastic, but we cannot see it in details since the red backround is too hard. I suppose that it would be better with new shoots in black backround.
  6. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Three thumbs up!
  7. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful paintjob my friend, and clean neat style but your tones mix badly with the red background and we miss the reality of your final result . PLease reshoot and repost !

Costas
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done. I agree about the background, also if you can crop the images, it will allow us to focus on this nice piece even more. Well done! For me, the cheeks are just fine. I notice you didn't use the suplied plinth. Why not? Thanks for sharing!

Jay H.
  9. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    There it is then Christos. Excellent painting on all aspects. Sometime you gotta tell me the recipie for those golden decoration on the clothes. I agree that the red backround messes with the reds on the figurer. A cooler and darker one whould suit it better. But i suppose you will visit the meeting point this saturday...
  10. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Hi Christos,
    You do a great deal of good, fresh paint, but as in every job he is dark, ok!, But this does not spoil the rest of the effect is awesome.
    Bravo!!!
    (Και δεν θα πεθάνουμε ποτέ Που...α νεκροθάφτη)

Αλεξανδρος
  11. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Simple super work here Christos, on a very sunburnt subject.:cool:
  12. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb!!

Mark
  13. Sirrius Member

Greece
    Nothing less expected from you Christos!!! Although the background is a little bit confusing the high level of the painting job can be seen!!!!

Many congrats!!

Nick
  14. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Thank you all my friends for your warm feedbacks, I 'll try to find a new background but I can't promise anything, I am a modeller not a photographer:D,
    Jay "supplied plinth" you mean the carbine at his back? If yes there is no special reason, Dimitrios you will see it live this Saturday and you will see the difference between photo and reality,
    the golden embroidery is a combination of yellow,beige brown,burnt umber,brass and old gold Valleho acrylics and off white at the last highlights.
  15. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    exellent job on the great bust Christos, one i intend to paint for definite, a great bust by YS.

Steve(y)
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work. One of our clubmembers is also painting this fabulous bust.
    I have it on my self.
    I believe this bust will be seen alot on the contest tables.
    Yours is a showstopper.

marc
  17. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Thanks Steve and Marc, best regards.
  18. el cid New Member

Canada
    Superb bust!
  19. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Christos,

A magnificent bust superbly painted. So many details to draw the eye.

Man, that Carl Reid can sculpt!!!
  20. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Christos, excellent painting, great detail work and stunning skintones.(y)(y)

Cheers Ken