1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1796 Serenissima - Milit Model

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by kastigamatt, Jul 12, 2012.

1. kastigamatt Active Member

Italy
    Dear Friends
    here few pics of my last project. As usual an Italian subject, this time depicting a 1796 soldier of the "serenissima" army (Venitian Republic). Casted in metal, 10 pieces, available now, it's a straight 54 mm.
    With very little modification it could be a soldier of any army of those years, indipendence war etc. Thanks for watching, best regards.

Luca Cullati
    small 9.jpg small 10.jpg

small 11.jpg small 12.jpg small 18.jpg

For further informations please check on www.militmodel.it
    Helm, Steve and Guy like this.
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Unusual,nice to see that in a figure
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very good sculpt and paintwork.

Marc
  4. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Sorry but I have some proportion issues with this. The feet are huge, the head an neck are too small and the packs and equipment do not look right. The sculpting is all very good but looks like it is made up of different figures of different scales.
    Steve likes this.
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have to agree
    Steve likes this.
  6. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    I like the subject and the paint job. But I have to go with the constructive criticism above.
  7. IronMike A Fixture

Nice weapon.
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I'd like to ask, is the figure original or was it made by using an existing figure? ~Gary
  9. kastigamatt Active Member

Italy
    Ciao Gary
    Here some pics of the figure in progress, magic sculpt, lead foil, plastic card, spare part in resin, some detail in duro. Regards

Attached Files:

10. Cristian Sartori Active Member

Italy
    the subject is very interesting, although I share the criticism of the sculpture, I will buy it to complete my collection of figures on the republic of Venice, I hope maybe in the future in the realization of an infantryman ultramarine, called "schiavoni". The infantry of the republic never fought with this split, because the 12 May 1797 the highest council decree the end of the republic. the only episode of fighting were the famous Verona uprising against the French called "pasque veronesi" where some units fought against the troops of Napoleon, first campain in Italy.
  11. Ferris A Fixture

Really original indeed, but to me the long neck and small head stand out. Maybe you used a 1/35 head on a 54mm body?

Nice sculpting of the details anyway.

Adrian