1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 1791 French corporal fusilier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Sep 14, 2014.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello planeteers,
    New project on my workbench, this is one of my forgotten figures that was stored away for quite some time.
    I decided to put it to some use.the original figure is a French infantryman of 1805, since the uniform of 1791 barely change some features, it was an easy conversion.
    I used a spare head and casque from miniwelt(vidsoldiers) and arms and musket.
    i took the protruding cravat from the collar and used greenstuff mixed with magic sculp (my favorite mix) .
    Finally, since the figure had cross belts and that is a feature that most of the grenadier regiments had, i made this trooper a corporal of fusiliers which, by regulation had a second belt with a short sword hanging and made his rank stripes with green stuff.
    i have not decided yet which regiment he will portray here, but i know i am eager to paint some purple facings.
    Cheers
    20140914_161757.jpg 20140914_161839.jpg 20140914_161851.jpg 20140913_153410.jpg 20140914_161923.jpg
  2. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Good canvas for a painting of a nice figure.
    Unusual subject ;)
    Hope to see completed soon.

Regards
    Pedro
    MarquisMini likes this.
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Obrigado Pedro!!.
    Hopefully i could make a good rendition of the 1791 infantry.
    Best regards
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    And here is the primed figure.
    I've use brite touch automotive primer.

20140915_215134.jpg 20140915_215151.jpg 20140915_215159.jpg
    ChaosCossack and billyturnip like this.
  5. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    MarquisMini likes this.
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello folks,
    I made some progress on this fusilier.
    The casque and plume are done.
    The coat is almost finished and added some details.
    I decided to paint him in the facings for the 20th line infantry regiment (former Cámbresis).
    This regiment would have had purple facings on the lapels and cuffs with brass buttons and horizontal pockets.
    Cheers 20140918_184811.jpg 20140919_172539.jpg 20140919_172554.jpg 20140919_172606.jpg
    mil-mart and ChaosCossack like this.
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looks really good Daniel.
    Nice shade of purple. I like the leopard turban on the casque. By now, you must be able to paint three or four shades of white in your sleep;)

Colin
    MarquisMini likes this.
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
  10. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I'd like to see that SBS on the leopard print. I've only done it once and wasn't 100% pleased with the result. There are lots of articles for doing that but a new idea might be the key for me. I love the look of an animal print shabraque... if it's well done. Otherwise it looks like something Edith Prickley would wear ;)

Cheers,

Colin
    MarquisMini likes this.
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

I agree with you Colin, keep in mind there are many patterns and interpretation of Leopard skin.
    In fact, the French infantry wore those imitation leopard ski turbans on their casques and i am sure ma y of the shabraques wore not authentic leopard skin.
    Do you thi k i should do the sbs here or olen a thread on painting?
  12. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    A seperate SBS thread might be a good idea, so as not to take away from the thread of this figure

I'll keep an eye out for it

Colin
  13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Deal Colin, i will making the sbs this week.
    Thanks again for all your feedback.
    Regards
    ChaosCossack likes this.