1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1745 Highland Bust - (…rumors of my death were greatly exaggerated, Neill)

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by neill, Dec 19, 2008.

1. neill Active Member

United-States
    Been gone for a long time, but getting my fingertips back into it.

First sculpt in about 9-10 Months. lots of work, refining and detail to put in... finishing the belt, kilt pin, shirt ties, seaweed... and a base of course, then painting, but here we are so far... your thoughts and comments are always welcome and appreciated!

the "Desk of Chaos" from which creation flows... or explodes... or...accidently happens
    [IMG]

Starting point...
    [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]

Neill

Vrolijke Kerstmis!
    Joyeux Noël !
    Frohe Weihnachten!
    Χαρούμενα Χριστούγεννα!
    Buon Natale!
    メリークリスマス!
    즐거운 성탄!
    Feliz Natal!
    С Рождеством Христовым!
    ¡Feliz Navidad! 圣诞快乐!

Merry Christmas!
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Bust

Neill,
    Thsi looks a great start , I like the facial dtaisl , especially his nose ...a highlander who is the middle of a fray , I also like what you are doing with the palid and the way the bonnet hangs as it should be , as these were large at this time ...commercial ? I would be interested in getting hold of this to review(you can PM me if you wish) if it is if not you have talent for sure look forward to future posts on this one .

Nap
  3. neill Active Member

United-States
    Thanks! No, not commerical, this is just for the maintenance of my personal sanity...

As for the nose, well my grandfather, grand old Scot that he was, had his nose broken more than once in... "Social Events". Seemed appropriate for a Highland Warrior.

Thanks again!

Neill
    www.johnneill.com